LG V20 pic

Leykis

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
Yeah it is odd because the V10 does have an LCD display. Although, the secondary screen at the top is AMOLED but not sure if RaRa85 is referring to that screen?

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
No I'm referring to the main screen. I'll check to see if I have some screen shots of it or I'll do it next time it occurs but it's not all the time. It's not burn in(slight screen retention seems more appropriate) but I just never had it happen on another phone before.

Leykis

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
Isn't the ticker display on the V10 IPS LCD as well?

I could have sworn it was an AMOLED screen. I remember watching/reading reviews about it when the phone launched and it being mentioned. Plus, even the icons are more colorful and vibrant when compared to the same icons on the main display. Now I can't find anything to back it up. Oh well.

Leykis

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, the stuff I read/saw about it being AMOLED must have been just speculation. But I remember noticing the colors on the 2nd screen being more vibrant than the main display. I know its been about 6 months since I owned the V10 but I remember it being pretty noticeable.

Leykis

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
But if those turn out to be the actual specs it'll be a beast! But it will also affect cost because there's no way LG will be able to sell it for less than $600.

I'll gladly pay $700 for it, though, if it has those specs and retains the same build quality of the V10! =)

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
But if those turn out to be the actual specs it'll be a beast! But it will also affect cost because there's no way LG will be able to sell it for less than $600.

I'll gladly pay $700 for it, though, if it has those specs and retains the same build quality of the V10! =)
It would be nice, but it's probably best that you peg back your expectations.

Leykis

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
Depends on what you mean by improvement. They followed up the LG G4 with the LG G5.

Modular aside, the G5 was a much better phone than the G4. It had a better processor, more memory and better build quality over the G4. I'm mostly talking about hardware specs here. So, do I think the V20 will be a better phone than the V10 in terms of hardware? Absolutely. I'm just saying my expectations for the phone aren't what was posted by GSMArena. 820, 6GB, 4000mAh battery....yeah that would be nice but probably not gonna happen.

Last edited:

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Modular aside, the G5 was a much better phone than the G4. It had a better processor, more memory and better build quality over the G4. I'm mostly talking about hardware specs here. So, do I think the V20 will be a better phone than the V10 in terms of hardware? Absolutely. I'm just saying my expectations for the phone aren't what was posted by GSMArena. 820, 6GB, 4000mAh battery....yeah that would be nice but probably not gonna happen.

Agreed..... and most of the people not liking the G5 never spent a reasonable amount of time with it.

deuceja

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site

6GB of RAM not likely. I don't see LG ever making a phone to be a spec powerhouse. They'll have a few gimmicks here and there, but an actual internal powerhouse I can't see it. Having 6GB of RAM would only be simple, why not go all out and actually compete with Samsung Note 7 and make a phablet with a stylus.

Just my $0.02

Leykis

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
6GB of RAM not likely. I don't see LG ever making a phone to be a spec powerhouse. They'll have a few gimmicks here and there, but an actual internal powerhouse I can't see it. Having 6GB of RAM would only be simple, why not go all out and actually compete with Samsung Note 7 and make a phablet with a stylus.

Just my $0.02

I also don't see them making different variants of the V20, like 64gb/128gb internal storage and 4gb/6gb RAM, which is rumored what they're going to do.

deuceja

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I also don't see them making different variants of the V20, like 64gb/128gb internal storage and 4gb/6gb RAM, which is rumored what they're going to do.

By all means that i would like for them to do just to take a step forward, make some mistakes along the way so in 2017 they will have the phones and hopefully marketing down pack to push LG forward. More money better phones hopefully still cheap unlike Samsung exploding expensive phones lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
batsam