Will V20 have wired HDMI out to monitor?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm impressed with V10 wired hdmi capability. Much better than wireless mirroring. Will V20 have it? I'm also hoping for controllable multicolor led notifications and most of all an ir blaster! Just returned my Note 7 and really missed wired hdmi out and ir blaster.

Last edited:

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
What exactly is it as I'm not familiar with the terminology.
I don't know the tecky tech but it means you can connect a device allowing wired hdmi screen mirroring on tv or monitor with hdmi input. Now add a Bluetooth mouse to your phone and youncan watch and control Netflix or whatever on any monitor wherever you are. Wired connection has better voice/picture sync.

See http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=603183

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Oh ok I've heard of this then. Just didn't know what it was called. I had one phone a long time ago that had this but OEMs seemed to abandon it pretty quickly.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Oh ok I've heard of this then. Just didn't know what it was called. I had one phone a long time ago that had this but OEMs seemed to abandon it pretty quickly.
Yes mybrazr maxx hd could connect to hdmi too and it didn't even need a gizmo, just a micro usb to hdmi connector

I've also read g5 still has mhl. (nobody can get it to work) No reason v20 shouldn't (fingers crossed)

Last edited:

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I think it may be slimport, not MHL but there are very few if any reports if folks actually using it in G5 or even V10. This is a very important feature to me but nobody else seems to give a....

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
This is pretty cool and I may purchase a slimport adapter for the V20 when I get it. To share pictures and videos with guests.