Availability

PalakMi

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
I'm sure Apple can charge a premium simply for the brand name, but I will give them credit for their software integration. If you're someone that values consistent performance and a single environment across multiple devices over the hardware specs, then the higher price could be worth it. Remember, the cost of the phone is paying for more than just the physical hardware, but also the programming that goes into it as well.
I am an android fan, but I have to admit that iOS is way more optimized and better for daily usage, something that lacks on android on most non-nexus devices

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Battery tests on the V20 have been really bad. Along with running very hot, like all LG phones tend to do. My G5 could be hand warmer.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I am an android fan, but I have to admit that iOS is way more optimized and better for daily usage, something that lacks on android on most non-nexus devices
Big LCD and metal adds heat to the hand, but better to dissipate through metal than build up :)

Note 7 has heat pipe for heat due to VR. Would get hot without.
Battery tests on the V20 have been really bad. Along with running very hot, like all LG phones tend to do. My G5 could be hand warmer.

Osahar 87

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site
Not having the lag or weak audio. Reviews that actually measure the display and the sound quality raved. My Klipsch buds, Grado cans and Bose Connects concur.

Now, if talking about the speaker, that IMO would not count for sound quality anyway.

Note 7 especially after the recent update rocks real hard and has very similar battery life in FHD and still looks better than the Plus. Seems something wrong with your devices. Respectfully.

Battery life will not be a strong suit with the V20. Significantly less battery life than Note 7, so good thing having replaceable battery :)

None the less, the V20 should rock.
My battery life has improved a lot and the audio and lag has improved but I'm still not satisfied. Yeah I agree with you on the battery life of v20, hopefully they come out with extended batteries that don't add to much thickness.

Leykis

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
Battery life tests - GSMArena.com

Its way down the list on this battery test list.

A couple things...

1) We don't have the final version of the V20 to test yet
2) Even if those #'s don't improve with the final version they're still better than the V10 which is good to see.

I don't expect the V20 to outperform my S7 Edge battery on a single charge but at least the V20 can be swapped out with a fresh battery. It's the fastest way to go from 0-100.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Could get worse too, they dont have any of the carrier added bloatware installed on the demo units.

I would wait to hold judgement. I have never once went on battery claims ran by a script since SO many factors play into battery life.

FutureMech

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
Then V20 is not a high end phone, if the battery can't top S7E or be close to it AND be removable, it's not worth it.

LG takes a shortcut always in battery life by making them removable, that's NOT excuse for poor battery life.

A high end phone should have zero compromise, specially in battery department.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
A high end phone should have zero compromise, specially in battery department.

You can have a thin phone, a feature packed phone, or a long lasting phone. Pick two.

There's always compromises in consumer products, and you have to pick the best compromise for your tastes. Assuming it's even technologically possible to have it all, the phone would be so expensive that no-one would buy it.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Not having the lag or weak audio. Reviews that actually measure the display and the sound quality raved. My Klipsch buds, Grado cans and Bose Connects concur.

Now, if talking about the speaker, that IMO would not count for sound quality anyway.

Note 7 especially after the recent update rocks real hard and has very similar battery life in FHD and still looks better than the Plus. Seems something wrong with your devices. Respectfully.

Battery life will not be a strong suit with the V20. Significantly less battery life than Note 7, so good thing having replaceable battery :)

None the less, the V20 should rock.
Speaker sound is important to me. I seldom use headphones

FutureMech

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
High end phone can't be coupled with awful or just enough battery, especially when mid range phones have way larger and way way better battery.

LG LCD screen are really power hogs, they should put at least 4000mah battery, even that is not enough for 1440p but it's a good start, if lower end phones do it, y won't they? zero excuses.

There is zero reason that the phone would be either feature packed with poor battery or amazing battery but poor features, look at the GS7E it offers a lot and have amazing battery screen camera and performance, a true high end phone.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
High end phone can't be coupled with awful or just enough battery, especially when mid range phones have way larger and way way better battery.

LG LCD screen are really power hogs, they should put at least 4000mah battery, even that is not enough for 1440p but it's a good start, if lower end phones do it, y won't they? zero excuses.

There is zero reason that the phone would be either feature packed with poor battery or amazing battery but poor features, look at the GS7E it offers a lot and have amazing battery screen camera and performance, a true high end phone.
You ignored the thickness part of my equation, so am I to assume you'd like a thicker phone to get a larger battery (for the record, I would and don't like super thin phones in general). Mid range phones with larger batteries are also less feature packed and/or physically thicker to hold the battery. I have a 4000mAh OEM extended battery in my old Droid Bionic, and it doubled the thickness of the phone compared to the stock battery.

And while you may be ok with the feature set of the S7E, there's numerous reasons why I wouldn't want it regarding features, or lack thereof. Again, there's always a compromise, even if you happen to like the compromise being made.

Major consumer manufacturers shoot to hit various price points. They generally have a good idea of what their customers are willing to pay for the various tiers of their products, so they have to design the product to meat those prices. You know, Samsung could easily put a removable battery in their Galaxy phones and still keep the water resistance rating. Why don't they? Simple, it raises the cost and complexity of the device and they know they can sell plenty of them without having a removable battery.

FutureMech

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
You got your point, but when i buy high end phone i expect the best battery available with the most or the best features on a phone, S7E is good example of that, despite it has it's own weaknesses.

The obsession with super thick phones ruining battery life, yes it's beautiful but i prefer function over form.

Luckily there are many smartphones to fit different needs, now if the V20 battery is 3200mah, then it's pretty bad , i want at least 5.5 SOT with mid to heavy usage.

Leykis

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
You got your point, but when i buy high end phone i expect the best battery available with the most or the best features on a phone, S7E is good example of that, despite it has it's own weaknesses.

The obsession with super thick phones ruining battery life, yes it's beautiful but i prefer function over form.

Luckily there are many smartphones to fit different needs, now if the V20 battery is 3200mah, then it's pretty bad , i want at least 5.5 SOT with mid to heavy usage.

If the V20 had a non-removable battery and was 3200mAh then yes, that would be pretty bad and I wouldn't be considering it at this point. But that isn't the case and I would rather have a phone I can swap in a fresh battery at anytime especially when I'm in a situation where I can't charge my phone. That's a feature I expect in a "premium" phone.

I also expect phone to have an IR blaster and expandable storage. My S7 Edge doesn't have 2 of those 3 features so does that make it a non premium phone? I guess it would if I went by your standards.

I've been watching people do previews for the V20 on YouTube and various other sites and it seems the battery life varies. I've heard some people say they can get through a full day with moderate to heavy usage and I've heard other people say the opposite. Everyone uses their phone differently and we don't have a final build of the V20 yet but if the battery is an improvement over the V10 then I'll be happy.

FutureMech

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
High-end phone must come with large battery that would at least provide u 5 hours sot, that at least what i require, without swapping.

Imagine the advantage LG would have if their battery would last a bit behind S7E but it would be removable, and it retains IR blaster too, even if the phone would be bulckier.

It just seems LG making same mistake all the time, small battery for their power hogging QHD LCD, every freaking time.

I want this phone tbh, it does sounds amazing but as i game a lot, i need huge battery and i hate swapping unless it is really needed.

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Some of us guys don't carry purses to store an extra battery, so whatever is in the phone has to last the whole day.