Are you going to get the LG V20?

Are you going to get the LG V20?

• Total voters

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
I was with LG since the Nexus 4 until I got my Note 7. So I guess the grass is always greener. Near the end with my G4 I found myself looking at SS.

On video reviews the V20 seems bigger in the hand? Also I can't go back from the AMOLED screen now. Finally my kids all play outdoor sports and IP68 is going to be a critical feature of my Note 7.

I may play with one at the store just to see how it feels but will likely stay with SS.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
If the V20 releases in the next two weeks and has great signal reception (better than any released device this year- per Android Headlines) as noted so far, I am leaning Yes for the V20. The replaceable battery and glass-free case IMO is compelling.

If after two weeks when I am traveling heavy, it would then be No. My guess is the return window for the N7 will be shut before the V20 releases. I have little faith in LG's ability to be efficient and timely with product releases.

Dempsey606

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site
Now that all the specs and everything are official (minus a few important bits like pricing and clear availability dates), does the LG V20 interest you enough to part you with your hard-earned dollar bills?

Well I've actually waited patiently for the V20 to arrive. I had the G3 seems like forever and ended up getting the blue screen of death but I still wanted the V20. I've been using this busted up S4 since August with anticipation of the V20 being released but since they unveiled it on the 6th of September and still haven't confirmed a release date I guess I'm going down a different street as much as I wanted the V20. I don't know but I would think with everything going on with the note and with apple that they would want to release it asap to take advantage of Samsungs and apples misfortune but I guess not.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Still think S7E would be better, why the selfie is yet again at 5MP? on G4 it was 8MP and the selfie was miles ahead of poor S7 selfie.

Camers the S7 proved to be better though not 100% of the time, but the battery!!! why it's so low??? 3200 for LCD on QHD is wayy to low, specially if u gaming.

Unless they put some miracle it's not gonna win any heart, it's removable yes but that not excuse for low battery mah.

A low resolution selfie is better.... less imperfections will show

cretu

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I was with LG since the Nexus 4 until I got my Note 7. So I guess the grass is always greener. Near the end with my G4 I found myself looking at SS.

On video reviews the V20 seems bigger in the hand? Also I can't go back from the AMOLED screen now. Finally my kids all play outdoor sports and IP68 is going to be a critical feature of my Note 7.

I may play with one at the store just to see how it feels but will likely stay with SS.

Love the note 7 but this whole recall thing is hurting. Will probably go with the v20 personally

luissssv10

Sep 22, 2016
Visit site
Yes! Absolutely I was nearly about to purchase the lg v10 around the beginning of the year but as soon as I heard the rumors of the v20 I decided to wait it out the note 7 was enticing though, but now that all the specs have been confirmed I definitely will be purchasing. I'm really into music and mobile photography and with the quad dac and manual camera/video controls it definitely was worth the wait for me!

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Yes! Absolutely I was nearly about to purchase the lg v10 around the beginning of the year but as soon as I heard the rumors of the v20 I decided to wait it out the note 7 was enticing though, but now that all the specs have been confirmed I definitely will be purchasing. I'm really into music and mobile photography and with the quad dac and manual camera/video controls it definitely was worth the wait for me!

Welcome to Android Central!

MikeyLNG

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
It has a lot of things I look for in a phone (decent camera, good audio quality, removable battery), so 80% yes, but I'm quite worried as I'm hearing a lot of negative feedback on their recent phones (G4 bootloop, V10 atrocious battery life).

Also being in the UK, it's most likely going to be very expensive, so I might have to wait a little while first.

pmjj

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I had a Note 7 took it back a couple weeks ago because of the recall. I am a little gun shy to try again. I think I may wait for a Note 8 or even the Note 9. The V20 is looking pretty good! I so want to check it out!

griff7774

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I picked Other because I'm waiting patiently on the Pixel announcement. Depends on pricing if the Pixel XL and V20 are close.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I hope that there will not be any factory defects like the LG G5 had: screen was NOT FLAT so you can't put a glass screen protector on it, LCD bleeding and discolored, cheap paint job, etc.

Raudy1

Sep 24, 2016
Visit site
I definitely want to get the LG V20, I've been anxiously waiting for the devices release date to be officially announced by LG. I'm most looking forward to finally having an IR Blaster again, I had switched to Samsung and truly missed this feature, also looking forward to testing out its sound recording capabilities.

va2azerik

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I may get this phone. I have a Nexus 6 and love the screen and the front facing speakers. My choices are to get a LG V20 (I have to see one in person 1st) , pick up a new or used Nexus 6P or just keep rocking my Nexus 6 for a little while longer. I would be looking forward to the better camera and faster CPU on the V20 but if it is like $750 - $800 I will pass and wait for the price to drop or take a look at the Pixel XL. The Pixel XL doesn't have me excited like the last 3 Nexus launches.

VidFaza1

Aug 11, 2016
Visit site
May be far from expectations .... and probably will not be released in my country :)
Whereas it so badly, want to buy online in another country, I am very afraid fooled

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay