V20 will not be sold in europe

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Why limit your market especially when they teased Samsung for doing the same thing with the Note 5. Bad move LG.

huungryshark

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
Why limit your market especially when they teased Samsung for doing the same thing with the Note 5. Bad move LG.

Or it's an excellent marketing trick.

By saying we do not sell it in europe to look how the demand actually is.

When it's popular and people flip out via social media channels etc, build the phones and sell in europe.

Makes sense, maybe it's that what LG is up2. To play it safe.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Kind of screams they expect mediocre results, but bet they would have approached differently if were aware of Note 7 debacle in magic time warp. Opportunity to gain share likely missed.

NightOrchid

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I was very dissappointed when the V10 never arrived, although there was a V10 european version... so you can imagine how pleased i was when they announced the V20.. only to be dashed again by it not coming to the UK again:

LG V20 is NOT coming to the UK

Im a big fan of LG.. owned a Flex, then a G4 and now a G5.... the cameras are awesome..

What the hell LG, do you really dislike the UK... I wouldve thought with the poor sales and reception of the G5, LG wouldve been eager to build popularity over here... this move could prove a bad one for their EU smartphone division

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Think they've made a blunder here with the disasterous Note 7 release. The V20 would have been the obvious alternative for a lot of people. Maybe they'll have a rethink to capitalise?

Skeevecr

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Poor decision by LG, they made a bit of a misstep with the G5 and now they fail to take advantage of a great phone that is the first to launch with Nougat at a time when Samsung are suffering with their recall situation.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Why would LG constrain markets? Did the V10 sell poorly there? This would seal that fate absolutely now. Odd product launch event and odd market strategy.

Roman Akert

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
Agree, poor decision. They have nothing to compete with now in the top category.

Ah well, their loss 😆

I was considering this along with the Note 7 once there is some feedback after a few weeks of the 'safe' versions out in the field.

Seems choice has gotten easier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo