99% sure I will get the v20

clickerman

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Given the replaceable battery, the IR blaster, the second screen, the non glass non plastic build, the new operating system, and the nice cameras I am sure I will get the v20. I will wait for the reviews though to see if the battery life is unacceptably short and the IPS screen lacks contrast.

Nostromo79

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
The debacle over the Note7 has me interested in the V20. Last year, after Samsung castrated the Note5, I purchased V10s for myself and my fiancée. The V10 (I feel almost obligated to term it as quirky) has been a solid performer yet is ruthlessly power hungry; I carry a spare battery (or two) for it at all times when out in the field. The V20 is shaping-up to be a media powerhouse.

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Pretty sure I will give the V20 a whirl as well.
It's going to be a jump for me though. Coming from the BlackBerry PRIV. I am worried that after a couple of months I will be missing a physical keyboard again. All though I am hoping that the rest of the phone will out weigh that. The removable battery being the biggest one. It's going to be nice to just swap in a new battery and not have to worry about plugging it in.
Anyways....the V20 is looking like it has a lot of potential. Big screen, removable battery, metal body finish (i hate glass finish on a phone...like come on!)

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm all for it, but hesitant with the idea of a metal phone. I remember the iPhone's bending in peoples pockets when they came out with a metal version. I had an HTC M8, also metal, and that one did get slightly bent in my pocket despite the hard case I had it in from the beginning.

So I would have been just fine, if not preferring a plastic body.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I need to see the display since current review feedback is not very good. Everything else though is, but the display is kind of important. Maybe the press demos were poorly calibrated.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I need to see the display since current review feedback is not very good. Everything else though is, but the display is kind of important. Maybe the press demos were poorly calibrated.

I don't expect the display to be much different from the V10 or G5

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
From my understanding and forgive me if I'm wrong but the display is the same specs as the V10.

I went to my carrier's store to get a feel of the V10 with the size and closely looked at the quality of the display.

I thought it looked fine but I believe it just didn’t stand out like my Note 7 so hmmmmmm ?!?!? I would suggest for you to go take a peek at the display of a V10 also ?!

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I am seriously considering it, as well! I really wanted to see the V10 in-person and perhaps buy it but it was never released in Canada... So I'm super happy that the V20 will be released here.

TheMarcus

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I cant' think of any reason not to get this phone other than the price. That's a non-issue with fair financing options, though.

I kind of have my eye on the Moto Z Play, but I don't want to support Motorola as long as they continue to give Verizon preference and I'd rather upgrade to a phone with Nougat than get a new phone that doesn't have new software.

The Pixel XL is meh. At the end of the day, for me, having a removable battery is better than not having one.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I cant' think of any reason not to get this phone other than the price. That's a non-issue with fair financing options, though.

I kind of have my eye on the Moto Z Play, but I don't want to support Motorola as long as they continue to give Verizon preference and I'd rather upgrade to a phone with Nougat than get a new phone that doesn't have new software.

The Pixel XL is meh. At the end of the day, for me, having a removable battery is better than not having one.

Lenovo would have to jump through hoops for me to give them money after their broken promises on updates. The Mod gimmicks don't do anything for me.

If those Pixel leaks are accurate I'm really disappointed with Google. They had a winner with the 6P and now they've changed direction and cloned an Iphone. Talk about selling out.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12