My theroy of why the V20 release date not announced

ctrepte

Sep 27, 2016
Visit site
I have been placed in quite a bind by Samsung, Verizon, and LG — in that order. After the Note 7 explosion/recall debacle, I washed my hands of the N7 and swore off Samsung forever. I had already sent in my previous Galaxy phone to Verizon before the recall was announced, so would have found myself phone-less once I returned the N7. So last week I take it to the Verizon store for a return, and after waiting more than two hours for a Verizon drone, the store manager swears up and down that Verizon's policy is to never give out loaner phones, and, besides, says he, there is nothing wrong with your N7: if it hasn't exploded yet, it must be OK. So, I said, you actually have the temerity to tell your customers that the recall notice issued by Samsung, Verizon and the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission is a lark that we can and should ignore because a doofus at a strip mall Verizon store says so? Please put that in writing for me. And sign it.

Doofus squirms uncomfortably and then does the infuriating "I tell ya what I can do for ya" bit. No loaner, but you can either get a refund or exchange it for a different phone. Having done my research, I do already know that I want the LG V20. I also know it is not yet released, but am relying on LG's word from their otherwise useless V20 Announcement Event that it would be available "by the end of the third quarter," which happily is at the 9/30 cutoff date Verizon set for N7 exchanges/refunds. I tell him that for now I will accept a V10, but i want to make it clear that I will be able to exchange it with no penalty or restocking fee for the V20 once it is available. No problem, says the doofus. You have until September 30 to do all that.

To top this off, about an hour after I get home from an exhausting and wasted evening spent at the Verizon store, what do i receive? An "important message for Note 7 owners from Verizon" urging them to return at once their faulty, recalled phones to the nearest Verizon store for, get this, a *loaner* phone.

So here we are now, a couple of days away from 9/30 and still not even a firm release date announced for the V20. The LG marketing department apparently thinks their little "coming soon!" teaser ads are cute, but it is in reality quite annoying and time wasting for me and, I am sure, many others in similar situations. The amount of time and energy I have wasted these last couple of weeks dealing with Samsung's lies, Verizon's stonewalling and LG's pussyfooting is truly infuriating. What's more, I know that I am going to end up going through an equally maddening return trip to Verizon on 9/30, wasting even more time and energy to get a refund for the V10, and will probably end up cancelling my Verizon account altogether out of sheer frustration with their incompetent customer "service." As nice as the V10 is, I am not going to be stuck with this older model, but that is the position Verizon is going to to try and stick me in.

No one should have to go through any of this over a damn phone. Of course LG has nothing to do with Samsung and Verizon's issues, and I certainly cannot and would not blame LG for any of that, but I most certainly do blame them for making semi-announcements ("end of third quarter") about the V20's availability. Now that it is looks increasingly unlikely that they will meet that approximate date, all they continue to do is offer "cute" cyrptic teasers, which have only made me all the more aware that I have wasted even more time and energy on this whole mess.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Glad I called BB and they happened to have the Verizon black Note 7 in last week. Not deal with the issues. Still looking forward to testing the V20, but past my return window even if wanted the V20. Still think the display and battery life will be the sticking points, but V10 and LG device users are happy now, so ditto with V20.

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I have a note 5 and I have pretty much no lag. I like LG phones but I am hesitant of there phones because of the bootloop issue they seem to be having.

Same for me. My Note5 is good, but the battery is starting to show it's age. I would love the removable battery in the V20..I haven't owned an LG phone since the G3, but that phone treated me well