Rumor: V20 to be released on October 21st in US

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
How about a very simple reason for delay... maybe they use same battery suppliers as Samsung and batteries must be replaced?

lateck2

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
Let's stop and think of the positives that could come of the delay.
LG may have to sweeten the price or freebies for us to buy.
Look other phones might ship with Android 7 before LG ???
Some other phones with the Newest version of the 821 processor have been announced.
Sammie has the Note 7 back in stores already.
The delay could be good for us. ???
Your thoughts?

Lateck,

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Maybe they will price it at $700 due to the competition. No premium display or dust / water resistance is hard to stretch to $800 to anyone beyond who was going to buy it anyway. Incremental sales is a good thing.

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Removable battery, IR, a 2nd screen that is way more useful than the edge screen and it also will be running Nougat probably 6-10 months before any Samsung device gets an update for it.

Yes, but it doesn't have an Amoled screen. Although there are some LED screens that are very good, most can't get as bright for outside use, and they also lack wide viewing angles.
The display would be a deal breaker for me.

Leykis

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
Yes, but it doesn't have an Amoled screen. Although there are some LED screens that are very good, most can't get as bright for outside use, and they also lack wide viewing angles.
The display would be a deal breaker for me.

Well I guess if stuff like removable battery, IR, Nougat aren't important to you then it's probably best to stick with getting a Samsung. For some people, like myself, not having an AMOLED display isn't a deal breaker.

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I predict the prices on all of these phones will be taking a dive.

Demand on new phones is down with every maker, because people don't get "free" upgrades every 2 years with their phone service. On the contrary, they are enjoying lower rates without a new phone. Except for some of us phone geeks, our old phone may be good enough.
(I am sill using a Note 3 and haven't found a good enough reason to buy a new one. It works fine for my needs. It has a removable battery, SD slot, Amoled screen, and even an IR blaster which I never use. Today's phones have better cameras and better sound that I am not going to appreciate. I have a better separate camera and better sound system to use if I must have them.)

While some phone manufacturers are still holding firm on pricing, I doubt they can do that forever. With a smaller demand for new phones and cheaper Chinese competitors, I don't see prices holding.

If you think that can't happen, just look at the flat screen TV market where prices have plummeted. In spite of makers trying to create new demand with new features, like 3d and 4k. Most people won't buy a new TV until their present TV breaks down. Furthermore, their old TV is just not so far behind the new one that the difference is as obvious as just a bigger screen. Most people surveyed don't see much of a difference between 1080p and 4k)

BTW, did you ever wonder why a flagship smart phone should cost as much as a good flat screen TV? It shouldn't and once the market slows down a bit more,.it won't.

aevitis

Sep 26, 2016
Visit site
I think the only reason that Samsung can get away with really expensive flagships is because they're basically the Apple of Android, so while Apple is still making new phones at high prices and people are still failing to recognize the distinction between Samsung and Android, I don't think Samsung has to worry about cheaper competitor pricing.

That being said, prices are already going somewhere good - the Axon 7, Honor 8, and OP3 both indicate that it's going to be easy to get a great phone for under $400 soon.

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
That's an interesting take.

Paying $24 a year for 100G of online storage from Google costs about as much a SD card. So I'm not too sure about the overpriced Google storage.

I'm pretty sure sales numbers would back up your assumption that Apple (or Samsung) doesn't compete with LG either.

Sorry LG.

Keep having press conferences with no specifics and no phones to sell. That'll help.

hmmmmmm, I don't pay $24/year for SD cards.

I also don't buy--excuse me, license--movies for which Google or Apple or Amazon can revoke said licensing at any time, and decide I'm not allowed to have that movie after all.

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I think the only reason that Samsung can get away with really expensive flagships is because they're basically the Apple of Android, so while Apple is still making new phones at high prices and people are still failing to recognize the distinction between Samsung and Android, I don't think Samsung has to worry about cheaper competitor pricing.

That being said, prices are already going somewhere good - the Axon 7, Honor 8, and OP3 both indicate that it's going to be easy to get a great phone for under $400 soon.

With the brand name hurt by exploding phones, Samsung could be hurt temporarily. In order to recover quickly, most experts predict Samsung promotions or discounts. With Samsung in limbo, this is a good time for competitors to come in with cheaper phones. That's why a lot of people are checking out the V20, so if it isn't priced right people will wait for the discounts on the N7, not to mention they won't also consider these really good Chinese phones that expected. Once lower pricing happens, for whatever reason, prices aren't going back up. Most people can't justify replacing their phones every 2 years, especially at astronomically high pricing.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Positive spin would be if they are calibrating the displays and adding display options during this time. The best they could do though are firmware tweaks. Contrast is what it is though and ditto for any light bleed, since both are material and production related.

Still do not get how Lenovo can farm out and get a great IPS panel for the MXPE, but a display centric company puts inferior displays on their phones.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I predict the prices on all of these phones will be taking a dive.

Demand on new phones is down with every maker, because people don't get "free" upgrades every 2 years with their phone service. On the contrary, they are enjoying lower rates without a new phone. Except for some of us phone geeks, our old phone may be good enough.
(I am sill using a Note 3 and haven't found a good enough reason to buy a new one. It works fine for my needs. It has a removable battery, SD slot, Amoled screen, and even an IR blaster which I never use. Today's phones have better cameras and better sound that I am not going to appreciate. I have a better separate camera and better sound system to use if I must have them.)

While some phone manufacturers are still holding firm on pricing, I doubt they can do that forever. With a smaller demand for new phones and cheaper Chinese competitors, I don't see prices holding.

If you think that can't happen, just look at the flat screen TV market where prices have plummeted. In spite of makers trying to create new demand with new features, like 3d and 4k. Most people won't buy a new TV until their present TV breaks down. Furthermore, their old TV is just not so far behind the new one that the difference is as obvious as just a bigger screen. Most people surveyed don't see much of a difference between 1080p and 4k)

BTW, did you ever wonder why a flagship smart phone should cost as much as a good flat screen TV? It shouldn't and once the market slows down a bit more,.it won't.
One Plus 3 needs a US distributer to really clean up. 6gb of ram sounds very nice for 400 bucks

I don't care about the junk Sammy "gives" away with its phones. I want a lower price. I'll pick my own accessories thank you.

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
http://phandroid.com/2016/09/28/lg-v20-pre-orders-oct-2/

Oct 2nd pre-order at b&h. Should be looking at a similar timeframe for the carriers as well.
Soon !!!
0e0385984f0adab2b1c3599723b7555b.gif

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7