Does the LG V20 have adoptable storage?

duanedude1

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
Does the LG V20 use adoptable storage, or old-style SD card support? Understand the G5 does not use adoptable storage.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Why use it? It is unstable and the device already has about around 50GB free internal storage. Use the card for media :)

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Even if it has the ability of adoptable storage, you have to manually convert it. Otherwise it'll stay with the traditional type of storage handling.

djdougd

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I believe that you could go either way with the SD card, although if you go adaptable, you cannot swap the card out as it effects apps on your device

TheMarcus

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
You'd trust adoptable storage after so many boot loops reported with past LG phones? Had there been adoptable storage, phones and SD would have all been made useless.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I think Google put adoptable storage in place to further discredit sd card use. Google wants the Cloud to be your home and the carriers do as well. The former to mine data and control content and the latter wants you using your data cap to access your OWN content.

Adoptable storage at best is problematic and unstable. Why else would Google add it? Nothing else makes sense. SD should be for media and not shared with internal apps. Too many variables to mess things up.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Why else would Google add it?

There is one place it could help, that being with those cheap, third tier phones with next to no internal storage that are still being introduced. They have other issues, but adoptable storage at least can help in that regard.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois