Verizon..... we what are you waiting for?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Strange that Verizon is saying nothing. Are they waiting to see what the other carriers are doing before they commit?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
They are sill to busy flooding their website with ads to push the new iPhone and Pixel phones. At least on the mobile version, almost the entire screen is covered with multiple ads I have to either close or scroll around to get to some of the navigation items.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
They are sill to busy flooding their website with ads to push the new iPhone and Pixel phones. At least on the mobile version, almost the entire screen is covered with multiple ads I have to either close or scroll around to get to some of the navigation items.

Disgusting

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Well, they are the only carrier that can sell Pixel phones direct. I believe Tmobile and ATT jumped the gun early because losing out on all those Pixel sales. V20 is still 3 weeks away, which a long preorder window. Usually its 2 weeks or the following week.

I have no doubt V20 be shipping the last week of October as well on VZ.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Well, they are the only carrier that can sell Pixel phones direct. I believe Tmobile and ATT jumped the gun early because losing out on all those Pixel sales. V20 is still 3 weeks away, which a long preorder window. Usually its 2 weeks or the following week.

I have no doubt V20 be shipping the last week of October as well on VZ.

I hate to say it but buying a Pixel from Verizon could be a mistake depending on how long it takes for Verizon to release updates. Assuming you care about updates.
The drawback to buying from Google is having to pay in full and the uncertainty of it being compatible with carrier specific features like wifi calling.

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
I hate to say it but buying a Pixel from Verizon could be a mistake depending on how long it takes for Verizon to release updates. Assuming you care about updates.
The drawback to buying from Google is having to pay in full and the uncertainty of it being compatible with carrier specific features like wifi calling.

You're right. I need to further research if I go with the Pixel. Verizon is giving away the VR headset as a bonus, so i'm not sure which is best.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
VZW features won't work in phones bought from google. They never do.

That was definitely true before....there seems to be uncertainty in this case but my guess is that the unlocked Google ones won't because their software remains generic.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Almost certainly true.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Google offers financing. I am paying monthly like I would through my carrier.

Also the Pixel works with T-Mobile and Verizon wifi calling.. Sprint / AT&T is still unknown.

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site

Also the Pixel works with T-Mobile and Verizon wifi calling.. Sprint / AT&T is still unknown.

Thats the feature I was worried about, so good to know. I sometimes use Wifi calling traveling in carribean where cell service is poor, and the wifi calling on verizon works very well.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

Where does it specify that the unlocked Pixel does support carrier wifi calling? We can be certain the carrier version does. I'm not saying the unlocked doesn't.... I just have not seen anything that states that it does.

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Just noticed at Best Buy, they will give you a $100 gift card to purchase the Pixel. Plus a Chromecast. Nice perks.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty