Is it wireless charging/is it capable of becoming this!

BasPilot

TheSickAndTwisted
Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Okay folks, the question is there. Wireless charging? Honestly I can't seem to find confirmation that it does or doesn't have it. If it does it's the best kept secret. If it doesn't why would people mention it at all? SO, someone answer me and make my life easier.

Flame on if you need to do that... But I can't dang find it and it has to be burried in here.

If it doesn't come with it, I know the V10 had a back that would make it thus... Does this phone have the same.

Not gonna lie, I have the N7... if I gotta get rid of it AGAIN I'm not going back. But planning on keeping it until they tell me otherwise. So, I want to know what options I have and wireless charging has be AWESOME.

Last edited:

irvine752

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Okay folks, the question is there. Wireless charging? Honestly I can't seem to find confirmation that it does or doesn't have it. If it does it's the best kept secret. If it doesn't why would people mention it at all? SO, someone answer me and make my life easier.

Flame on if you need to do that... But I can't dang find it and it has to be burried in here.

If it doesn't come with it, I know the V10 had a back that would make it thus... Does this phone have the same.

Not gonna lie, I have the N7... if I gotta get rid of it AGAIN I'm not going back. But planning on keeping it until they tell me otherwise. So, I want to know what options I have and wireless charging has be AWESOME.

You won't be getting wireless charging with the V20, but it does offer Quick Charge 3.0. You can go from no charge to 80% in about 35 mins. I'll be honest though, wireless charging is not exactly wireless in every sense of the word. It's really inductive charging and you're essentially making a "wire" connection when you make contact with the charging dock.

Brjlk

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
Don't know if there is the possibly of a wireless back for the V20.

However any device, even with a metal body can be charged wirelessly. Just attach a wireless
receiver card to the USB port. Nowadays these cards are available for USB-C ports

I attached a wireless card to my 9.7 inches tablet & wireless charging works well. The inconvenience is charging is slow.

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
V10 does not include Qi charging from the factory.
You have to replace the back with one that has a Qi charge coil or add a "card" style coil.

AFIAK there is no Qi charge back for the V20.

BasPilot

TheSickAndTwisted
Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
You won't be getting wireless charging with the V20, but it does offer Quick Charge 3.0. You can go from no charge to 80% in about 35 mins. I'll be honest though, wireless charging is not exactly wireless in every sense of the word. It's really inductive charging and you're essentially making a "wire" connection when you make contact with the charging dock.

I know this. I wasn't exactly thinking as if it charged via my WiFi or something, though that would be pretty awesome! lol I do appreciate the response.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

Quick Charge 3.0 sounds awesome - I'd take that! Lol.