LG V20 Pros & Cons

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
More of a quirk than a con I guess... A little awkward in taking screenshots. Holding down the fingerprint sensor and Down volume simultaneously... Like I said, more of just me getting use to.

The screen on my Nexus 6 seem to have had a bit more of a "wow" factor but no real complaints. The V20's screen is plenty bright and colorful.

Otherwise I love this phone so far. No actual cons up to this point. I'm glad I went with the V20 over the Pixel XL
You can use Capture+ for screenshots to makeit easier. You can access it from the notification shade or add it as a nav button.

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
Re: LG V20 Pros & Cons

Con: the emojis. My S7e's are nice looking. These are truly an eye-sore. Is there a way to replace them with something that's not icky? Who spent time designing them and actually thought they were nice looking. Did they check? With anyone? Anywhere?

Plus: Mostly everything else. To me.
OMG I hate LG's emojis ugh !! I would normally use them often but since having the V20 I've practically stopped using them because they're really bad imho ??

I thought I was the only one who felt this way but it's nice to see that I'm not alone haaaaa ?!?

Jona005

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
You can use Capture+ for screenshots to makeit easier. You can access it from the notification shade or add it as a nav button.

personally, I like this method better than a palm swipe or button combo. Use the shortcut from the second screen and instantly have editing/saving options, doesn't get much more convenient than that.

mholdr

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Don't forget the more natural colors too.

uh no I can't count that - IPS looks washed out vs OLED, IMO. Even lowly Apple :p is finally going to OLED with the iPhone 8 (already on their watches). IPS is a disappointment for me with the V20, but its not a dealer-breaker.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
uh no I can't count that - IPS looks washed out vs OLED, IMO. Even lowly Apple is finally going to OLED with the iPhone 8 (already on their watches). IPS is a disappointment for me with the V20, but its not a dealer-breaker.
I can't see how anyone can think the V20's display could possibly, in any universe, look washed out. However, maybe my poor eyes are playing trix on me.

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Little bit of a con, but it really just is a bummer (at least until we can possibly have root access)...

I don't own any "high-end" headphones. I'm not really even an audiophile, however I got used to ARISE ViperAudio on my Nexus 6. I realize my brand spankin new V20 has amazing audio processing capabilities, but for my tastes, the ViperAudio on my Nexus 6 with my cheapie Monoprice headphones sounds better. I kinda figured that would be the case going into purchasing it. Perhaps when the B&O headphones arrive I might feel differently.

Look at it this way too. With the LCD you have much less chance of screen burn-in, as I understand it.

This is kinda a big deal to me. I had the Nexus 6 for the full time (2 years) and it shows some seriously bad burn in, I can even make out the nav buttons and what they are in most screens (when they shouldn't be there)... So considering lots of us are holding on to our phones for longer, I don't want to see any sort of burn-in later. The screen itself looks gorgeous to me as well, better than the Note 4 and much better looking than the Nexus 6.

Last edited:

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I think the V20 display looks great. But when coming from the Note 7 and the S7 edge, those displays with their high color saturation can make the IPS LCD appear washed out.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

A con. It comes with the newest Chrome 54 release pre-installed, which has a couple MAJOR issues with no way to roll back (yet?).

Also don't like the limited number of apps in the recent apps screen. My G4 would show pretty much everything that's been ran, but not so on the V20.

Jcosta99

Oct 29, 2016
Visit site

I'm not sure what the max is, bit there's currently 62 apps in its recent apps screen vs only 8 in the V20 screen.
I think there is a different issue here. I have more than 8 apps open, but if you leave them open they may not all be there after a while (like the phone is closing things in the background). I also noticed one feature which I loved on my G4 was the pinned feature for open apps is not eorking right. This would allow me to leave whatsapp and viber pinned and still able to use the clear all feature. Now after a while those apps disappear from the opened apps and i do not get my messages. Just like the app was closed. When you reopen the app it still shows the app is pinned but this will still go away after a while as an open app. Really irritating considering this was a fantastic feature on the G4.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I think you're on to something. I noticed later yesterday that I had a lot more apps listed in the recent apps, but then later on they were reduced again. I know Android is designed to close apps as needed, but just seems odd to also remove them from the recent list.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Though I don't have the device, I love how they designed the hardware to look more "rugged." I've heard from a few users that the sound/speaker quality is great, and that it's slow to heat up, if at all. Those are all great pros of the new device. I think it will do very well for LG this year.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan