anyone else canceling AT&T V20 order?

naturecannon

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
It is what it is. I took Next new every year so I won't be paying full cost for the phone anyhow.

Same here , am on next yearly. I never really pay attention to the full price of a phone anyways, I am paying monthly and its only a few peanuts more.

I hassled enough with the note 7 exchanges and interim devices, I couldn't imagine switching carriers now over a small price difference. Best Buy was a nightmare and AT&T has been very good to my wife and I. I will gladly pay the extra just to get settled in with a reliable phone. The phone drama finally ends on the 28th, I am counting the days.

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Same here , am on next yearly. I never really pay attention to the full price of a phone anyways, I am paying monthly and its only a few peanuts more.

I hassled enough with the note 7 exchanges and interim devices, I couldn't imagine switching carriers now over a small price difference. Best Buy was a nightmare and AT&T has been very good to my wife and I. I will gladly pay the extra just to get settled in with a reliable phone. The phone drama finally ends on the 28th, I am counting the days.
Same here I just left Verizon prior to my note 7 because of their high prices for their existing customers.....Ill just stomach the extra cost cause this phone should be a solid purchase....

talon1189

Oct 18, 2016
Visit site
Actually for myself buying the V20 through At&t is cheapest for me. If you dig around on there site they have a promotion that pays the customer $695.00 in bill credits over a 30 month period if you are a Directv customer and port in a new phone number from a different carrier. In my case I am jumping over to At&t from T-mobile. I will be getting $23.19 bill credit over the next 30 months. I just have to pay the $135.00 difference from $830.00 and the $695.00 over the 30 month period. I will be responsible for for paying $4.50 cents a month. That is a bargain to say the least. My monthly payment is only $27.67 a month and my bill credit is $23.19. I just got to keep Directv active over the same 30 months to keep the payments in bill credits. I ordered the silver V20 yesterday. It is said to ship on the 24th. I am more than delighted with this kinda deal :) I have confirmed this saving with 4 different customer service reps.

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
My fiance gets a work discount with AT&T so it is cheaper than Verizon was. Plus Verizon sounded like crap in our area... Voice sounded digitized or something... Weird

talon1189

Oct 18, 2016
Visit site
My fiance gets a work discount with AT&T so it is cheaper than Verizon was. Plus Verizon sounded like crap in our area... Voice sounded digitized or something... Weird
Verizon charges $20.00 a month over a 24 month period for this phone for "Line Fee". I just confirmed this online with a sales rep. WTF is that? :(

talon1189

Oct 18, 2016
Visit site
I think if you add the $20.00 Line Fee to the total price over 24 months........ Verizon is nothing less than robbers in disguise :'( Please research this before committing to a 2 year contract.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Verizon charges $20.00 a month over a 24 month period for this phone for "Line Fee". I just confirmed this online with a sales rep. WTF is that? :(
Their current "Verizon" plans all charge a flat rate per line as the line access price. So you pick your data allotment with its price, then add $20/ line for every phone. Other devices have different line access amounts. It's nothing special for this phone.

jeslevine

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I a not cancelling. With the 200 dollar trade-in offer for my S-4, it makes the V20 630. Verizon won't give me anything for my S4, while AT&T will give me 200 dollars, so that makes it the best offer in my case

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Their current "Verizon" plans all charge a flat rate per line as the line access price. So you pick your data allotment with its price, then add $20/ line for every phone. Other devices have different line access amounts. It's nothing special for this phone.

I don't know why but my line fees are 9.99 per line

TheMarcus

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
$630 with the trade in of a piece of ****, so I'm not worried. If it was $830 with no way to reduce the price, I'd already have a Moto Z Play on the way.

Also, Verizon phones are supposedly unlocked so you probably just buy one and use it outright... But you'd have Verizon bloat and a Verizon update schedule. Verizon isn't known for being great at pushing updates.

I considered switching to Verizon rather than AT&T (former T-Mobile customer now on Cricket), but I didn't like the idea of signing a contract with the devil for a Verizon branded phone. I'm already uncomfortable with the idea of an AT&T branded phone, but would like a Verizon one even less.

Verizon would be cheaper for me, though. I get a work discount at either AT&T or Verizon, so plan prices are roughly the same, but Verizon throws in an extra 2 GB per line for the higher data plans.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
This is why I went the prepaid route. Walmart/T-Mobile's $30 a month plan: unlimited text, 5GB Data, 100 mins of talk (.10 a min after). I can afford the upgrade every year, just have to buy it unlocked.

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
They shouldn't be allowed to do this

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae