V10 owners.. How much better is the V20?

Johnny Cakes1

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Would like some current V10 users to weigh in on their experiences so far with the V20 and what is better/worse than the V10.
I actually like the physical look of the V10 better. I think the V20 has that generic Nexus look to it.. But I know that just my personal opinion.

But other than that.. really want to see how they improved all the little things from the V10..

thanks!

whanner

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
I was going to upgrade from my v10 but at the price of the v20 have decided to keep my v10 and do a cleanup of old software. I added SwiftKey keyboard and its running just fine. If you need a new phone the v10 is almost half the price of the v20. Just my opinion.

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
It looks better than the V10 in person, and I was one of those who wished it kept the same V10 design before seeing one.

I do miss the steel rails on the side for grip however.

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
It looks better than the V10 in person, and I was one of those who wished it kept the same V10 design before seeing one.

I do miss the steel rails on the side for grip however.

I liked how durable the steel rail were but they hurt my hands if I held the phone for any prolonged amount of time.

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I had the V10 earlier this year.

I can safely say that the V20 is better in every way: better camera, better screen, better software, better finger print scanner, faster/smoother, no light bleed on the second screen. I could keep going lol.

stan23

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
The fingerprint scanner is a lot better. The v20 is on par with the 6p, which is the best fingerprint scanner I've ever used. The phone feels lighter and much more refined.

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Many times better.....I replaced my second line which was a V10 with a G5....my first line is the v20 after replacing a note 7 and s7 edge.

Audio is flawless, display is amazing enough, totally smooth, responds like a state of art device.....

Last edited:

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
the FPS is way better.. and the screen is better. When I swapped, before I mailed my v10 back to T-Mobile I was looking at both.. and wow there's a huge difference.

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
I had the V10 earlier this year.

I can safely say that the V20 is better in every way: better camera, better screen, better software, better finger print scanner, faster/smoother, no light bleed on the second screen. I could keep going lol.

I find it extremely hard to understand how the V20 fingerprint scanner could be better than what the V10 offers running Marshmallow.

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
I believe with the G5, LG started using a new fingerprint sensor which is super fast and accurate. This is the same one.

bigguh

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
I find it extremely hard to understand how the V20 fingerprint scanner could be better than what the V10 offers running Marshmallow.

They obviously revamped it. Just takes a touch to wake the phone (no press). Do you have one? If not, it's easy to see how you'd have a difficult time understanding.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
From screen off you no longer have to push the power button on the V20 like you did on the V10. Just set your finger on the FPS and it logs in and turns screen on.

Also it's faster and more accurate.

Dimas de Leon

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
The couple of things I liked more on the V10 were the side rails and the volume controls on the back. For some reason, I remember using the 2nd screen a lot more on V10 than the V20, not sure why.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall