can anyone confirm this $200 rebate deal?

Dimas de Leon

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
T-Mobile told me I didn't qualify for the $200 rebate or the headphones because, read transcript:

April P: I'm sorry for the wait. The LG V20 was process thru JOD (jump on demand)/lease option and this
upgrade option is not eligible for the offer.
April P: In order to be eligible, you need to get the phone thru full retail price of via EIP (equipment installment
plan).
April P: * thru full retail price or via EIP
April P: You have the option to return the phone at the same store and get it thru EIP instead.
April P: With this, we can assure you that you will be eligible for the promo.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
T-Mobile told me I didn't qualify for the $200 rebate or the headphones because, read transcript:

April P: I'm sorry for the wait. The LG V20 was process thru JOD (jump on demand)/lease option and this
upgrade option is not eligible for the offer.
April P: In order to be eligible, you need to get the phone thru full retail price of via EIP (equipment installment
plan).
April P: * thru full retail price or via EIP
April P: You have the option to return the phone at the same store and get it thru EIP instead.
April P: With this, we can assure you that you will be eligible for the promo.
They are correct about the $200 trade in but JOD is eligible for the headphones.

BB_Bmore

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
I can confirm that I gave sprint an old G2 in good condition and got the $200 credit toward my bill within the next 2 months it will show up I was told.

soldier45

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Bought my note 7 at Best Buy and still have it waiting for the 28th for the V20 to come out and swap over and get the $200 gift card.. But I'm hearing some people are getting them earlier than the 28th through Best Buy. Not sure if this is true or not till I go in the store and find out tomorrow the 24th.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Bought my note 7 at Best Buy and still have it waiting for the 28th for the V20 to come out and swap over and get the $200 gift card.. But I'm hearing some people are getting them earlier than the 28th through Best Buy. Not sure if this is true or not till I go in the store and find out tomorrow the 24th.

Best Buy does not have them (based on their warehouse inventory as of yesterday), but you can order on line. I ordered a Verizon one though and still says, "pre-order, in progess" since yesterday.

Store and on-line fulfillment are not from the same warehouse systems and are treated as two separate profit centers.

Jona005

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
I am with AT&T. I wonder if at&t has the $200 through lg?

Not sure if this is in all ATT cases, but when I preordered my V20 I was told that I could trade in any phone for $200 in accessories in store. So on the 28th when the phone is available officially I'm trading in an old phone for a bunch of accessories.

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Not sure if this is in all ATT cases, but when I preordered my V20 I was told that I could trade in any phone for $200 in accessories in store. So on the 28th when the phone is available officially I'm trading in an old phone for a bunch of accessories.

I traded in my v10 and they only gave me $100 credit towards bill. They works not take the s4 we had

BB_Bmore

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
How did you do this? It would not accept mine online. Did you go in the store?

Yes I went into the store and left with the V20. I got lucky though I like to think my persuasion also played a roll. The way it works the $200 credit will be applied to your billing after two bills. At least that's how this works for Sprint. The phone only needs to have a $10 value.

soldier45

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Best Buy does not have them (based on their warehouse inventory as of yesterday), but you can order on line. I ordered a Verizon one though and still says, "pre-order, in progess" since yesterday.

Store and on-line fulfillment are not from the same warehouse systems and are treated as two separate profit centers.

Yeh I just went by my BB local store and they (cell area) didn't have a clue about the V20 until they looked it up on line on their own site. Told me to check back on Friday the 28th to see if any are in stock by then. I'm thinking most who pre ordered will get them this week before the 28th. I have to wait because I'm on the next plan (AT&T) and have to physically have both phones available to swap over in person. After activation then I get the $200 gift card from BB and can use the new IMEI number to order the B&O headphones ($150) through LG get them free in the mail in a few weeks.

Jona005

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
I traded in my v10 and they only gave me $100 credit towards bill. They works not take the s4 we had

i dont know if its because it's a phone they still sell (lg k10) but they're giving me $200 for accessories. Not sure why the variety of deals.

Kegman

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I brought in my 2011 Verizon nexus to my tmobile store and she gave me credit. It's on my receipt. She didn't take the phone and said they will send something in mail to mail out. I got my v20 yesterday, but nothing for trade in. I have jump but I think I didn't use it cause I bought my note 4 out right.

She said I will get $25 a month credited to my account until I get the $200.

anon(166548)

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm still confused by the AT&T trade-in offer.

On https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...m%2Fdeals%2Flg-v20-offers.html&token=yFGkcc6c it says:
$200 trade-in credit
Buy a new LG V20 on att.com and activate eligible service, and we’ll email you a promo code for a $200 or more trade-in credit for your eligible trade-in phone.

The "See offer details below" link only talks about the headphones.

Should I be waiting for "we’ll email you a promo code for a $200 or more trade-in credit for your eligible trade-in phone"? I suspect not.

I chatted with AT&T and explained I was trying to get the $200 trade-in, and he said to follow the steps on the standard trade-in page (https://tradein.att.com/#/start-a-trade/discover-device-value). I said that page didn't look like it was specific to the $200 trade-in promo, and he said "it will know what you are trying to do" :-D

It offered me $0 for a Nexus 4 (not surprised), and $35 for a Nexus 5. Neither of those is close to $200. I didn't go all the way to the end of the flow, so I guess it's possible (but unlikely) that the special logic for the promo kicks in at the last step before you submit.

So ... how have other existing AT&T customers managed to get the $200 trade-in promo?

I see copious use of the term "eligible" - could it be I am not eligible for some unspecified reason (such as being an existing customer)?

ETA: mine was a pre-order (done online) BTW - but the exact same wording was on the pre-order page.

Thanks

Samsmome

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
Yep, can verify on AT&T. Got $200.00 for a G2. It was worth $15.00. Nothing for a Razr Maxx HD. Was able to get any accessories for the V20. Took 2 cases and the rest I put as credit on our bill. 😁

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463