Anyone break screen yet!

naturecannon

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Seen on another forum someone had the V20 drop out of their back pocket while running and within a day of getting it, the screen is now shattered.

I seen a few post here with members stating will go confidently naked because this phone is suppose to be tougher, advertised as shock resistant (or whatever LG claims). I think that is crazy thinking a little more protection is the way to go with any phone. Broken glass is bound to happen on occasional drops no matter what, unless it's bullet proof.

I do feel confident with a little less case bulk, those 1st gen otterbox defender bricks would have been overkill with this phone.

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
If the screen breaks from falling out of your pocket, it was a defective phone. I've dropped my naked G5 and V10 numerous times on bare concrete in my parking garage. Some hit face down, and I was nervous as hell picking it up. But not a single scratch or crack ever. I did scuff up the corners a few times, but really hard to tell.

If you watch the scratch, burn, and bend test on youtube, its impressive how much you can do to it.

naturecannon

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
If the screen breaks from falling out of your pocket, it was a defective phone.

You cant be serious!!! It's all has to do with luck and how exactly the phone lands. And Good luck if it ever falls out of your pocket and you tell LG you want a new one because its defective as it shouldn't have broke falling out of your pocket. There is sooooo many variables when it comes to landings and broken screens.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
If the screen breaks from falling out of your pocket, it was a defective phone. I've dropped my naked G5 and V10 numerous times on bare concrete in my parking garage. Some hit face down, and I was nervous as hell picking it up. But not a single scratch or crack ever. I did scuff up the corners a few times, but really hard to tell.

If you watch the scratch, burn, and bend test on youtube, its impressive how much you can do to it.
Lol. I'm sorry but if you drop ur phone and it hits that sweet spot it'll crack the screen. That would not be considered a defective device nor would any warranty cover that unless you have insurance.

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
Glass is what it is and gravity does what it does. Naked = best chance to crack it

And this is why I don't understand why all the blogs and tech sites go gaga over the form factor and "how it feels in your hand" and the tenths of a millimeter differences and how the curve is *that* much less, etc, etc. After all, nobody cares--they're putting their phones into cases anyway.

It's all just blogs and tech sites making things up for the purpose of hearing themselves talk, and maybe get clicks.

I say, the first phone maker who acknowledges that "yeah, we cut costs by standardizing on a single black slab format, nothing special, it'll be cheaper for you, go ahead and put whatever case you want on it to get the look and feel you want along with the protection" gets my business.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I believe some phones have had a history of cracking that were never dropped. I forget whether it was LG or HTC.

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
I believe some phones have had a history of cracking that were never dropped. I forget whether it was LG or HTC.

LG, yeah. V10.

On the other side of things, some phones have a history of dropping without breaking a single thing. Old Blackberries, for example.

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
If the screen breaks from falling out of your pocket, it was a defective phone.
168750977814e530de0569ded3afb158.gif

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
It has the MIL-STD-810G transit drop compliance, then I have Verizons total coverage insurance plan. I'll get fixed for free the the following day, or a replacement phone is sent overnight to me. That is all in case the very unlikely occurrence of breaking a screen.

jordankreationz

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I dropped mine 2 rows down in the bleachers at the football game tonight. The back came off, but not a scratch. If I do determine to keep it, I'll be looking for a very light thin case that has grippy sides I can hold on to. I bought the Poetic Affinity for the Note 5 and 7 and it was great.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
It has the MIL-STD-810G transit drop compliance, then I have Verizons total coverage insurance plan. I'll get fixed for free the the following day, or a replacement phone is sent overnight to me. That is all in case the very unlikely occurrence of breaking a screen.

Not free....there is a deductable

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
And this is why I don't understand why all the blogs and tech sites go gaga over the form factor and "how it feels in your hand" and the tenths of a millimeter differences and how the curve is *that* much less, etc, etc. After all, nobody cares--they're putting their phones into cases anyway.

It's all just blogs and tech sites making things up for the purpose of hearing themselves talk, and maybe get clicks.

I say, the first phone maker who acknowledges that "yeah, we cut costs by standardizing on a single black slab format, nothing special, it'll be cheaper for you, go ahead and put whatever case you want on it to get the look and feel you want along with the protection" gets my business.

I go gaga over form factor because I like to keep my phones naked and not hide all that beauty of a device. ;) I'll take that risk of not having a case. I don't baby my devices but at the same time I'm not careless with them and don't keep my devices in my pockets with keys, loose change or other things that can scratch up a device. I've only cracked one device out of all the many I've had or have and that happened to be a few months ago as soon as I got the S7 Active. Yeah, that phone is not as indestructible as they say it is. lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay