Streaming Audio / Bluetooth Issues

TNCattleDog

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Not having a problem with Bluetooth streaming to my LG Tone headset or JBL charge but I am having issues with my hands free in my Infiniti. It's an 09 model so it's not capable of music streaming tho...

David

Salvador Becerra

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone found a solution to this? It's driving me crazy. I have a 2014 Mustang with a Kenwood DNX890HD and the music keeps skipping in soundcloud and spotify. It works fine with my LG Tones though.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! On some phones, having the wi-fi radio on (even if isn't connected to anything) seems to interfere with the Bluetooth connection.

Salvador Becerra

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I have Wi-Fi off, tried to re pair, cleared cache, reset wireless connections. I'm starting to think the phone may be faulty but it's only in cars not on my bluetooth headphones

TNCattleDog

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
I have Wi-Fi off, tried to re pair, cleared cache, reset wireless connections. I'm starting to think the phone may be faulty but it's only in cars not on my bluetooth headphones

Having the same issue with my Infiniti Bose handsfree. (I have a 2009 so it does not have music streaming capability). All of my calls will start out fine for about the first minute or so but then the person on the other end can no longer hear me. I can hear them fine but they are unable to hear me. Thought at first it was my car but my G2 and G4 work fine with it.

No issues with music over my LG tone headset.

I've also reset my BT connections and re-paired as well as cleared my cache.

David

fto_nuno7

Apr 10, 2017
Visit site
So yesterday in my 2015 Golf I noticed the streaming audio was "skipping". I also noticed that it was playing small portions of the music out of order. I figured it must be the location of the Bluetooth antenna being blocked while the phone was in my pocket. I previously had this issue with an iPhone 6 and would sometimes have to adjust the phones location (putting it in my pocket upside down).

But now today i hooked it up to my 2016 Mustang and found the same issue. Additionally, this time I set the phone in the tray in front of the shiftier. So antenna access should not be an issue. And again I'm not just getting pauses, I'm actually getting musc out of order occasionally like the packets are being received in the wrong order.

I've used an iPhone for the past couple of years and am one of the Note 7 converts. Are Bluetooth issues common and "fixed" with some initial software releases. I know this used to be an issue back in the day with all the changing version stacks but I would have thought that issue would have stablized. Additinally, the Note 7 didn't have any of these issues.

Any opinions on this or anyone else experiencing it?

I also started having the same issues in my 2016 Mustang Sync3 unit after swapping from my iphone 6 to LG v20. After many attempts and work arounds, the only thing that fixed it for me was to turn off Sync3 Wifi, and the wifi on the LG v20. The skipping and quality issues stopped during streaming music. To check that it was not a flook, i tried turning wifi ON, on the sync3 and the skipping started again. So i can only summise that LG V20 has a firmware issue which is allowing wifi to interfere with bluetooth quality. This worked for me anyways, several days "jitter" free streaming.

John_Cline

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
My brother and I both got V20 phones last October, his 2009 Acura TL experienced the Bluetooth skipping issue, he thought it might be his phone so he got it replaced, he had the same problem with the second phone. He took his V20 back and got a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and it works flawlessly with his car. (He recently got the Android 7 update on his phone and it still works fine.) My 2007 Acura TL doesn't have the navigation system so it doesn't have Bluetooth audio, I just use the car's AUX input with a cable and the V20 Quad-DAC sounds fantastic.

michail71

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
Just to add to the confusion my prior phone was a Note 4. I had the skipping issue with the Note 4 and with my son's Samsung S5. However, the V20 BT streaming in my car has been flawless. I have not had a single cutout or connection issue with this phone.

My head-unit is the Mercedes Comand system.

I also have the Bose QC35 headphones. I confirmed with a friend that the range was much better with his iPhone than with my V20. But the range is still good. He can just go a crazy distance with the Bose headphones and iPhone. He can go about twice the distance and through a wall. I can't get signal through a wall.