Don't forget you can double tap to open/lock screen.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone with a V20 confirm this double tap ?

It had me set up 6 taps to wake up the screen ..... 6 !?!?
You can lock the screen and wake up the screen with the double tap but you can't login with just double tap if you are using security. The 6 knocks is knock pattern for security.

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
My bad and thank you both

My screen rarely ever sleeps since I have that setting for like 10 minutes so I'd have to use the 6 taps to UNLOCK actually.

Good to know that 2 taps can be used to wake it up. Thanks again !

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
One of the few features that had me wooing on the G4. Really easy to get used to, too! Before the end of the week, I was double tapping on my work iPhone and the Note 5 I was comparing it to. (Note won).

Since I need something to replace the Note 7 with (and having already used two S7 Edges), I thought I might give LG a try again. Let's see how it fares or if it will be just a placeholder while the S8 comes out in Spring.

nglfmark

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
If you install Nova launcher, you also have the same option to double tap to turn on/ off screen on any android phone. Very useful as I missed this when I had an LG G4.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If you install Nova launcher, you also have the same option to double tap to turn on/ off screen on any android phone. Very useful as I missed this when I had an LG G4.

I believe you get the option to turn off (and buggy in some phones, IIRC), but to turn on? How? Does it keep the phone awake?

texn884

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Blackberry has this feature and on my Note 5 SS does not have this in their OS which sucks
So I was happy to see when I got my son his V10 Friday it has it and looks like my V20 coming later this week has it also in the OS

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone with a V20 confirm this double tap ?

It had me set up 6 taps to wake up the screen ..... 6 !?!?

It's supposed to work with 2 taps. Mine used to work flawlessly but lately I feel like I'm beating it up tapping on it. Its like it gets stuck or something and all I get is a black screen for 20 seconds until it wakes up. Very frustrating

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
For all you new to LG, its quiet handy. Took me several weeks to find this out on the V10 last year, lol.

You can also double tap the notification bar at ANY app screen to lock or turn off screen. The knock feature is my favorite and should be a standard on ALL smartphones, it's simple and useful.