Lock Screen Weather Refresh Rate

Devil13n

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
Was cool to see the rain effect on my lock screen yesterday in the morning when it was raining, but now I'm at least 24 hours without a cloud in the sky and lock screen still shows rain.

Any way to have it check more often?

naturecannon

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Was cool to see the rain effect on my lock screen yesterday in the morning when it was raining, but now I'm at least 24 hours without a cloud in the sky and lock screen still shows rain.

Look out your window more often. Might save you some battery life :)

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site

The weather app should have a setting for refresh rate such as 1 hr, half hr, 15 min

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I have a G4 (V20 on the way, though!) and I think it just kind of does whatever the heck it wants. I'll sometimes see it go from nothing to something like rain and back again when there's nothing going on. It would be nice if it reflected what's actually going on, but it's just a gimmick in my book and I don't really pay attention to it anymore.

Devil13n

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
There doesn't seem to be an app tied to it to change any settings, if there is, I can't find it.

Might just turn it off.

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Click on the widget to open it up full screen. On the top right, click the 3 dots for the dropdown menu. Click settings. There you will see the option to set update intervals.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo