Anyone experiencing lag with their V20?

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
I will say this....With my note 7 I experienced some stutter that reminded me to close all my open apps periodically...With this phone I don't experience any slow down and don't even feel the 10+ apps that are running in the background......They may have the same specs but LG definitely is faster then Samsung with the execution

Shamus555

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
I've had the V20 for maybe 2 months now. I'm having a ton off bug issues with it lately. Internet will freeze up the screen, sometimes when I tap on an app multiple times, it refuses to open. Always requires a reboot to be usable again. Multiple random crashes of FB app, internet, etc. Lag issues occur frequently. This phone is junk. It honestly doesn't outperform any cheapo Android model that you could purchase for 100 bucks or less new from the cheaper wireless providers like Boost Mobile. There's no way this phone is worth the 700 or 800 price tag. If you do not already own this phone, I HIGHLY recommend you do not purchase this. And the camera quality has been VERY underwhelming. The camera on my Galaxy S5, S6 Edge Plus, and NOTE 7 were all far superior. I have difficulty typing with accuracy on this phone, something I never had an issue with on my Galaxy phones. The Hi-fi audio on this phone is really the only decent thing I can think of. The screen seems too dim even when turning up the brightness all the way. The resolution is nothing spectacular either. I'm hoping since it's a lease phone from Sprint, I can return it and get out of the lease. I only got the V20 because of the recall on the Note 7 which I had to return. I thought it seemed like it was likely the next best phone out there (was newer than the S7 as well). I was very wrong. I'd rather have my old S6 Edge Plus back over this garbage phone.

anon(9467178)

May 26, 2015
Visit site
I just got the AT&T variant and don't have any lag. I'm coming from a V10 and noticed that Nougat is a bit smoother and more buttery than Marshmallow. Before returning it do a factory reset and start over with no backups. Try the phone again before downloading any apps. Sometimes phones get bogged down after an OTA update.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I've had the V20 for maybe 2 months now. I'm having a ton off bug issues with it lately. Internet will freeze up the screen, sometimes when I tap on an app multiple times, it refuses to open. Always requires a reboot to be usable again. Multiple random crashes of FB app, internet, etc. Lag issues occur frequently. This phone is junk. It honestly doesn't outperform any cheapo Android model that you could purchase for 100 bucks or less new from the cheaper wireless providers like Boost Mobile. There's no way this phone is worth the 700 or 800 price tag. If you do not already own this phone, I HIGHLY recommend you do not purchase this. And the camera quality has been VERY underwhelming. The camera on my Galaxy S5, S6 Edge Plus, and NOTE 7 were all far superior. I have difficulty typing with accuracy on this phone, something I never had an issue with on my Galaxy phones. The Hi-fi audio on this phone is really the only decent thing I can think of. The screen seems too dim even when turning up the brightness all the way. The resolution is nothing spectacular either. I'm hoping since it's a lease phone from Sprint, I can return it and get out of the lease. I only got the V20 because of the recall on the Note 7 which I had to return. I thought it seemed like it was likely the next best phone out there (was newer than the S7 as well). I was very wrong. I'd rather have my old S6 Edge Plus back over this garbage phone.

We must have completey different phones

TremF

May 28, 2015
Visit site
I have a 64GB V20 and a 128GB microsd card. I have set photo's to automatically save to external storage and have uploaded my music to external storage and have not noticed any lag whatsoever. I also use the home screen with app drawer.

The V20 is noticeably more smoother than my previous Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus which did have noticeable lag at times..

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I don't understand the disparity so its got to be something on a case by case basis.... Bad phone or bad software installed.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I never could get into that game and I used to big into Ingress by the same people. That stuff just becomes repetitive.

Brent Michael

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
The latest forum reviewer mentions lag but he installed a 3rd party launcher before he reviewed the phone. Are you using a third party launcher? (the review was biased in other ways as well)
The top 3rd party launchers such as nova launcher and action launcher actually tend to run smoother than the stock launcher that come on most Android devices. In my experience with android, Samsungs touchwiz has been the worst offender but still noticed some in htc's sence ui and even lg's home though lg seems to have made a pretty stable and mostly lag free home ui on the V20.

Brent Michael

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Hello,

@OP

I am getting a slight 2 second delay as well when I pinch to zoom in and out, though it is only when the camera switches from Wide Angle to Standard and back, passing the green vertical mark on the zoom slider.

Is this what you're referring to? Is anyone else experiencing the same thing?

If so, is this supposed to be the norm?
I get that too. I believe that is normal

Last edited:

Brent Michael

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
I think you might have a defective unit. In regards to the camera, for the most results use manual mode, auto is hit or miss. Also you have to go into camera settings and change the resolution up to 16MP on the main shooter and 5MP on the front facing camera, they don't come at the highest resolution stock, annoyingly. Bet everything else just seems like a bad unit. I'd get it warranty replaced.

colonel.mattyman

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
I know this is a fairly old post, but kill Facebook Messengers chat heads if you have it switched on. Then go into Settings - Apps - Messenger and disable "Draw over other apps".

See if that helps.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Hi, newbie here. Just received my phone from Verizon on Friday and REALLY want to be impressed. First LG since I had to give up the N7 and have always had Samsung smartphones.

When I open the camera and pinch to zoom in/ out, there is a 2-3 second delay before anything happens. If I view a PDF and scroll quickly, the screen stutters as it move real jerkily. I have my 256gb SD card from Sammie inserted and when I scroll through artists in the music player, the 2-3 second delay is very prominent. I downloaded a few other players and same issue. I had zero issues with my N7 in these situations, it performed wonderfully.

Am I alone with this issue? Really a bummer...debating on returning for the S7E.

From what I'm seeing, it might be your memory card. Take it out and see how it performs. OR change default camera photo saves to internal drive (should be faster). You actually can't shoot burst mode if default is set to microSD.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1