Second screen is amazing

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
Coming from the Note 7 and a S6 Edge+ with the edges to swipe I cannot believe how much more convenient this 2nd screen is on the V20 !!!

I have my most used apps and contacts that are easily available ......... as my 4 year old would day easy peasy !!

I love it

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I never really 'used' it on my V10, but I did like that notifications showed up there. That alone was worth it for me. If battery life proves to be significantly better, I may go back to LG again and give this phone a try.

Leykis

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
Love the 2nd screen! It's one of the things I missed the most when I moved from the V10 to S7 Edge.

But yeah, I do wish the notifications would last a bit longer. Hopefully LG gives an option to adjust that in a future update.

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
The notifications really do need to last longer and scroll away smoother.

But for those 2 factor authentication text messages that scroll across the top while you're staring at the "enter the authentication code now" main screen of your bank or whatever, it's perfect.

Jona005

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
I really enjoy the second screen and it seems like it would be weird to me to NOT have it already. While it would be cool if the full notification showed up for longer than it does, I really like having it always show the icons for various notifications. I thought the adjustment to no led notification would be tough, but I'm so comfortable with this system now.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
While waiting for BB to eventually get the Verizon V20, I do not see the practical value yet of the second display and see it as arbitrary. Current perspective though is just based on my brief use of the device in a carrier store.

It gets in the way with some games (portrait mode)

Can accidentally be triggered (flashlight is first thing to remove from it)

Wastes bezel space. Would have preferred shorter device or front stereo speakers (this)

Uses power (based on review tests, 1% to 2%)

Edit: No calculator? WTH?

It seems to do nothing much that can not be dragged down to use, or from status bar. A main thing touted is the music app, but Power Amp already does a similar thing in status bar.

Hoping my perception changes from thinking it is an overall negative in relation to the items noted above. Catch is have to be able to get one first.

Last edited:

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
While waiting for BB to eventually get the Verizon V20, I do not see the practical value yet of the second display and see it as arbitrary. Current perspective though is just based on my brief use of the device in a carrier store.

It gets in the way with some games (portrait mode)

Can accidentally be triggered (flashlight is first thing to remove from it)

Wastes bezel space. Would have preferred shorter device or front stereo speakers (this)

Uses power (based on review tests, 1% to 2%)

Edit: No calculator? WTH?

It seems to do nothing much that can not be dragged down to use, or from status bar. A main thing touted is the music app, but Power Amp already does a similar thing in status bar.

Hoping my perception changes from thinking it is an overall negative in relation to the items noted above. Catch is have to be able to get one first.

I like it because if I'm in the middle of using an app while I am receiving a call it doesn't interuppt the app I'm in if I choose to ignore the call.

carme4

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
I love the second screen. I removed the flashlight just to be safe. If you want a calculator or battery indicator you can download an app for those and move them up to the second screen, although it will only work during screen on time, but still easy to get to. I have Waze at the top, love getting to it in a hurry. I also love having my most used 5 contacts on the second screen where I tap on the initial and I can call or text them without opening up the phone or texting app.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I love the second screen. I removed the flashlight just to be safe. If you want a calculator or battery indicator you can download an app for those and move them up to the second screen, although it will only work during screen on time, but still easy to get to. I have Waze at the top, love getting to it in a hurry. I also love having my most used 5 contacts on the second screen where I tap on the initial and I can call or text them without opening up the phone or texting app.

My Verizon unit has a calculator.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463