Home Screen Comparisons / Discussion

Kaelon

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

The three home screens are a nice added feature in the LG V20. However, I'm having a hard time understanding how each of them are managed and have some questions.

- For the Home Screen w/ Apps integrated, how can I add / modify widgets? There doesn't appear to be a dedicated widget control on this version of the home screen.

- For the Home Screen w/separate App Drawer, is there any way to keep the layout of these pages / apps synchronized with the other Home Screen?

- And what's the deal with the Home Simplified screen? Is there any legitimate reason why any of us might consider this screen?

Thanks!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
- For the Home Screen w/ Apps integrated, how can I add / modify widgets? There doesn't appear to be a dedicated widget control on this version of the home screen.
Long-press a blank area of the screen. It'll change, and you'll see a "widgets" icon. Long-press a widget and drag it to the home screen. (You can then drag it to any home screen, or to the dock at the bottom. or first to the desktop, then to the dock after you've gotten your normal screen back [just tap on the screen].)

- For the Home Screen w/separate App Drawer, is there any way to keep the layout of these pages / apps synchronized with the other Home Screen?
The question is unclear. The widget screen has nothing to do with the desktop (home screen) - you choose a widget and put it on whichever home screen you want. There's no "sychronization" between them.

- And what's the deal with the Home Simplified screen? Is there any legitimate reason why any of us might consider this screen?
Just a guess (and I'm 74, so don't accuse me of elder abuse) - some old people get confused with a screen full of icons, and a simplified screen is easier for them. Remember, some of us grew up when the earpiece and the mic on a pay phone were separate parts. Cell phones, even feature phones, are newfangled things we have to get used to. (Not me - I've been in this business since it started.)

BTW, many of us find that the launcher (home screens, doc, etc.) that comes on the phone is much too limiting, and we install something different. I've been running Nova Launcher since Android 2 or so, and I won't go back to a stock launcher.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Is there any way to add another screen? Just unpacked, the LG comes with two screens. I want another couple. I used their help file and it said "slide an icon to the right" and it will create a new screen, drop it to keep the new screen/page. I can't get it past the existing screen to create a new one. It's easy to do in the App Drawer set of screens, but not the home screen

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Is there any way to add another screen? Just unpacked, the LG comes with two screens. I want another couple. I used their help file and it said "slide an icon to the right" and it will create a new screen, drop it to keep the new screen/page. I can't get it past the existing screen to create a new one. It's easy to do in the App Drawer set of screens, but not the home screen

Pinch 2 fingers inwards on the screen to add screens and change your home page screen.

Pinch 2 fingers away to show your wallpaper with no apps or widgets.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Pinch 2 fingers inwards on the screen to add screens and change your home page screen.

Pinch 2 fingers away to show your wallpaper with no apps or widgets.

That was easy, thanks. Change phones, change manufacturer, change Google OS to Nougat and sometimes something just falls through the cracks!

Great phone, though, I'm very pleased so far. (Wasn't so pleased with the Amazon seller that tried to sell an extra "oem" wall charger that wasn't really the same one that came with the phone, but that's a 3rd party issue!)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC