How to adjustLG V20 screen color calibration.

carme4

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
I had seen this before the phone came out and was desperate to get my more vivid colors. I did the exact same thing the other day and left the circle pretty much exactly where the OP did. Sure does help. My colors look pretty darn good now!!!!

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure I find it useful. Seems like it makes more sense for people with vision issues.
There is another display adjustment they I thought had some merit ....Comfort view.

It seems to be a bit too much of an adjustment though, even to low setting. You can do the same thing (reduce blue) but more specific to your color preference with the calibration option :)

Again, how did reviews miss this? Not in the demo units?

jakebake

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Don't really like the dark/high contrast themes.. And I don't think it actually makes the colors of anything actually more saturated just has a lot of blacks. Where did u put the circle on the calibration picture? You're picture isn't working for me and I can't figure out a good spot

eak1570

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Don't really like the dark/high contrast themes.. And I don't think it actually makes the colors of anything actually more saturated just has a lot of blacks. Where did u put the circle on the calibration picture? You're picture isn't working for me and I can't figure out a good spot
Let's say the circle spot is in the middle of the top (12 o'clock)

lrrowley

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure I find it useful. Seems like it makes more sense for people with vision issues.
There is another display adjustment they I thought had some merit ....Comfort view.

I use comfort view like the blue light filter on the Note 7 or night mode on the iPhone. I just wish I could set it to automatically turn on at a given time like on those phones.

athenatp

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Thank God for this thread because I was seriously getting frustrated with all that blue. I have it set just like OP and the screen is gorgeous.

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
Thank God for this thread because I was seriously getting frustrated with all that blue. I have it set just like OP and the screen is gorgeous.
fcbd019097db71f9c601a1b5e706fe84.gif

tonydroid99

Nov 14, 2016
Visit site
For those who have used this color adjusting tip, sounds like you've been pleased.

My question is does the tweak just take the screen from horrible to acceptable or does everything then end up looking good overall?

I've adjusted the screen like mentioned here on a store display today and definitely looked better, but I only got to try and see the difference from web pages and searching Google for pictures. Curious how much better your own pics/vids, wallpapers, games and stuff looked afterwards.

I've still got my Note 7 and torn between the V20 and Edge 7. I really like the screen size and second screen on the LG, but worried if I'd get used to the color scheme and home button on back. Edge 7 I like for being most of what the Note is, but I've really become accustomed to the 5.7 screen Note/V20 have.

Any previous Note 7 owners had any regrets since swapping for a V20 ?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
...and home button on back.

The power button is on the back. The home button is on the navigation bar (which can be customized on which buttons you want on it, and the order they are displayed).

I was initially wondering if I'd like going to on screen buttons, but LG has implemented it extremely well. The customization and increased useability are worth it.

Androidaholic

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
For those who have used this color adjusting tip, sounds like you've been pleased.

My question is does the tweak just take the screen from horrible to acceptable or does everything then end up looking good overall?

I've adjusted the screen like mentioned here on a store display today and definitely looked better, but I only got to try and see the difference from web pages and searching Google for pictures. Curious how much better your own pics/vids, wallpapers, games and stuff looked afterwards.

I've still got my Note 7 and torn between the V20 and Edge 7. I really like the screen size and second screen on the LG, but worried if I'd get used to the color scheme and home button on back. Edge 7 I like for being most of what the Note is, but I've really become accustomed to the 5.7 screen Note/V20 have.

Any previous Note 7 owners had any regrets since swapping for a V20 ?

I know this is an old thread but I had a Note 7 and before I sent it back got the V20. I turned on comfort view first and then went in to the color calibration settings and adjusted it until it looked like the Note7 screen. My colors are nice and deep and the screen is still bright.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-09-17-20-24-31.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-09-17-20-24-31.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_2017-09-17-20-29-17.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-09-17-20-29-17.jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 7

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty