OMG my camera lens is shattered!

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
So has this issue been worked out or is this still a problem with the v20 the camera easily cracking? Is it enough to go with iphone over this?

Think about how many V20 phones have been sold and then think about how many cases of cracked camera lens glass have been reported. I hardly think the glass "easily" cracks.

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
So has this issue been worked out or is this still a problem with the v20 the camera easily cracking? Is it enough to go with iphone over this?

I don't think it's a common issue honestly. I've dropped my V20 several times (oops) and with a case on it, no problems at all

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you drop your phone in your purse? Something had to have hit it when you put it away. Saying you did nothing to cause it to crack would mean that the lens simply cracked on its own without being touched.
Also, you'd rather deal with a possible exploding battery and the crippling update on the N7's than a cracked camera lens? Doesn't Samsung also have their own issues with sensitive camera lens on their S7/S7E phones?

Attachments

• 23525.jpg
    23525.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 81

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Think about how many V20 phones have been sold and then think about how many cases of cracked camera lens glass have been reported. I hardly think the glass "easily" cracks.

This. Its a very rare, uncommon issue. There are several hundred thousands of these phones in consumer hands, and think of all the retail stores like Best Buy, Verizon, Sprint, ATT stores that have them on display and hooked to that short cord. Customers drop and abuse those phones all day long in the store. If they cracked easily, they would be certainly breaking in the display stores and the retailers would be making a big issue of it with LG.

Personally, i've dropped mine 4 times on my hardwood floor and never cracked. A lay in down on my glass top desk probably 50 times a day against the camera glass, over and over. And i put the phone in my back pocket when out, and even sitting on it for a week while gambling in vegas (cant keep phone out while gambling).

There hopefully will be a replacement kit soon on ebay or amazon, just like you need for any part on a phone. Samsung has sold THOUSANDS of replacement camera lenses on ebay for just the S7 alone.

One thing I would avoid, with any camera phone, is over using the camera flash - particularly using it for a flashlight for a long time. Heating up glass is the worst thing for any type of glass and can cause it to crack. It causes one side to expand, and when these things are installed airtight, there is no where for it to expand. Thus the crack.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
One thing I would avoid, with any camera phone, is over using the camera flash - particularly using it for a flashlight for a long time. Heating up glass is the worst thing for any type of glass and can cause it to crack. It causes one side to expand, and when these things are installed airtight, there is no where for it to expand. Thus the crack.

Never worried about this issue with any of my phones. I mean I don't keep it on for an hour but 10 minutes? Sure.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Never worried about this issue with any of my phones. I mean I don't keep it on for an hour but 10 minutes? Sure.

The V20 does have 2 leds if that makes a difference but I don't buy the led heating up and cracking the glass..... At least not for 5 or 10 minutes which I actually did unknowingly

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
This. Its a very rare, uncommon issue. There are several hundred thousands of these phones in consumer hands, and think of all the retail stores like Best Buy, Verizon, Sprint, ATT stores that have them on display and hooked to that short cord. Customers drop and abuse those phones all day long in the store. If they cracked easily, they would be certainly breaking in the display stores and the retailers would be making a big issue of it with LG.

Personally, i've dropped mine 4 times on my hardwood floor and never cracked. A lay in down on my glass top desk probably 50 times a day against the camera glass, over and over. And i put the phone in my back pocket when out, and even sitting on it for a week while gambling in vegas (cant keep phone out while gambling).

There hopefully will be a replacement kit soon on ebay or amazon, just like you need for any part on a phone. Samsung has sold THOUSANDS of replacement camera lenses on ebay for just the S7 alone.

My camera took a direct hit from a pc power supply as my daughter walked by with it. Had my finger just below the camera and she hit it with the corner. No damage....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waterpig