What has Verizon taken away from V20?

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
The caller says her name is Jessica. I'll have more after I call back tomorrow.

I'm guessing we never heard back from Jessica?

I had someone contact me via email, Latique G., who said 11/10/2016 that he/she would we contacting me back in 2 business days. That would be tomorrow, 11/12... we'll see.

One thing I have learned from the Verizon forum is that it's maybe not as simple as I'd hoped to get FM radio turned on (or anything else done for that matter) but I'm not giving up

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I had someone contact me via email, Latique G., who said 11/10/2016 that he/she would we contacting me back in 2 business days. That would be tomorrow, 11/12... we'll see.

One thing I have learned from the Verizon forum is that it's maybe not as simple as I'd hoped to get FM radio turned on (or anything else done for that matter) but I'm not giving up
Latique?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

They will never turn that FM Radio back on unless people stop buying

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I recall that name or something to do with it from the greatest funk band ever: Parliament. Sadly the great Bernie Worrell died a few days ago :( Time to jam in tribute!

BTW, Best Buy STILL does not have any Verizon V20s. Lame VZW.

Is Best Buy supposed to carry every model Verizon sells?

CptSmith

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site

It's been advertised on LG's website for a specific Best Buy promo as well as being advertised in Best Buy's own weekly ad 2 weeks ago. There's a trade-in promo that ends on the 20th that no one has been able to use since it has to be in store, but no stores have gotten stock, and there's only 5 days left. The nice thing about this deal is even though it's a device payment plan purchase only, the $200 will be applied towards tax and the rest as a down payment on the DPP. You could then pay lower monthly payments, or just pay it off after a month. Verizon has a similar deal, but your trade-in credit is split across 24 months, locking you in for 2 years. This has been speculated to be a possible reason as to why Best Buy has yet to receive stock for the Verizon V20 model while verizon stores have more or less been selling units steadily.

LG V20™ Best Buy Deals: Get Up to $200 Off & Free B&O Earphones | LG USA
Best Buy LG V20 $200 Gift Card Promotion

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

Best Buy's decision. In this case, they have the Verizon one on their site and I have canceled once due to trips, and ordered again two weeks ago and still no sign. Feedback was Best Buy will probably not see any until sometime after Black Friday.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
It's my understanding tho that the FM radio only works with wired headphones so it would be useless unless you were listening to it with headphones at the time the alert came through.

David

It is not just for initial warnings, but ongoing status as well. Also nice for local sports and NOT use data- which is why Verizon had it disabled- no data use with FM. Verizon people saying otherwise are either lying or ignorant to the feature set.

Last edited:

TheMarcus

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
It's my understanding tho that the FM radio only works with wired headphones so it would be useless unless you were listening to it with headphones at the time the alert came through.

David
If you wanted to make use of the FM radio, you'd plug in wired headphones. You'd want to tune in during an emergency, you wouldn't expect some alert to just start blaring on your radio.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I don't know why people even use Verizon. It's the most expensive and they have so much bloatware and they are known for branding their logos on phones.

TheMarcus

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I don't know why people even use Verizon. It's the most expensive and they have so much bloatware and they are known for branding their logos on phones.

Probably because they're not the most expensive, bloatware can be disabled or ignored, branding can be ignored, and they're known to have great coverage.

BigRalphN

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

David
I retract my previous comment and say i am not sure. If you install the LG fm radio apk there is a mute button. I guess it could be headsets only but i don't know. It may use the headset cord as the fm antenna

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I retract my previous comment and say i am not sure. If you install the LG fm radio apk there is a mute button. I guess it could be headsets only but i don't know. It may use the headset cord as the fm antenna
Where can I get the LG FM Radio APK? :) this might solve my problems with the new unlocked phone I'm about to take to Verizon...

TheMarcus

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Who is the most expensive then? :eek:
AT&T and Verizon both have similar prices if you compare their plans side by side, but Verizon will throw in an extra 2 GB per line if you purchase a large data plan so you could get more data for less, plus their phones are cheaper than AT&T so...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae