has anyone used Neuton music player

subguy812

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
My recommendation would be the Poweramp alpha 4 and activate the Hi-Res Output for Snapdragon variant. I love Neutron as well but prefer this for the V20.

Germanguy

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
My recommendation would be the Poweramp alpha 4 and activate the Hi-Res Output for Snapdragon variant. I love Neutron as well but prefer this for the V20.

I don't see an option to activate hi-res output in the latest power amp alpha on the LG. I did see the option on the Samsung though.

psp1232171

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Been using Neutron Music player for years-it Rocks! It is the only music player I use. I am on a LG G5 for now though so not sure how it sounds on the V20.

miamiborn79

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Will this make my flac files sound better with this alpha version with the built in DAC, or will it only make lower bit files (320,192 mp3) sound better by upscaling. The reason I ask is that skins are disabled with alpha and I really enjoyed the skin I had on my regular version. Makes the player look so much sharper. If it really helps the music, I guess I can live with it, but if not I'll just go back to the store version and apply back my skin.

subguy812

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Will this make my flac files sound better with this alpha version with the built in DAC, or will it only make lower bit files (320,192 mp3) sound better by upscaling. The reason I ask is that skins are disabled with alpha and I really enjoyed the skin I had on my regular version. Makes the player look so much sharper. If it really helps the music, I guess I can live with it, but if not I'll just go back to the store version and apply back my skin.

I had the same questions whether I was hearing upscale going, software tricks, but I primarily use FLAC files, even an occasional 24bit. I do know that Alpha is designed specifically to utilize the Snapdragon. To me, while I enjoy specs, numbers and the science of sound my ears are the real test. Yes your FLAC files will pop.

miamiborn79

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I had the same questions whether I was hearing upscale going, software tricks, but I primarily use FLAC files, even an occasional 24bit. I do know that Alpha is designed specifically to utilize the Snapdragon. To me, while I enjoy specs, numbers and the science of sound my ears are the real test. Yes your FLAC files will pop.
My God what a difference! And I thought playing flac files alone with this DAC was spectacular! I was maxing out volume on most of my albums before, and now I'm getting that same volume at 50% and the sound is unreal! So detailed! And the up conversation definitely works, no placebo. Had a few albums I downloaded with crappy quality, they now sound significantly better. Thanks for the info!

miamiborn79

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
How do you enable the Hi res mode because it keeps failing on me?
I just went under audio/output/High Res output and flipped the switch. Worked fine for me. Try deleting and downloading again. Also, I tried to install alpha over my store version and it kept crashing so I deleted all the files, then downloaded the alpha and it works flawlessly. Will miss my skins, but sonics > visuals

subguy812

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
My God what a difference! And I thought playing flac files alone with this DAC was spectacular! I was maxing out volume on most of my albums before, and now I'm getting that same volume at 50% and the sound is unreal! So detailed! And the up conversation definitely works, no placebo. Had a few albums I downloaded with crappy quality, they now sound significantly better. Thanks for the info!

You're welcome!

subguy812

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Double post sorry

subguy812

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Remember the Poweramp Alpha is that...an Alpha. It can be a little flaky at times. I have seen it say it failed and it is still playing and still playing in 24bit.

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
So I downloaded the trial and requested to be on beta testing. I take it that is the only way to get the version you speak of? They said they are going to send an update. How is that possible? They don't have my info?

subguy812

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
So I downloaded the trial and requested to be on beta testing. I take it that is the only way to get the version you speak of? They said they are going to send an update. How is that possible? They don't have my info?

Did the link I posted above not work?