Best Buy shipment delayed until 11 / 26?

CptSmith

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
So why are you still waiting? They don't look any different....order it from Verizon online.

Best Buy has a more flexible trade-in offer if you don't have a phone eligible for Verizon's trade-in deal. Most phones from the past few years that show up with a non-zero trade in value on BB's trade in site will give you the $200 gift card. Even some prepaid phones that you could get for $20. The only issue is the trade-in offer is in store only, and the promotion ends on 11/20/16

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Best Buy has a more flexible trade-in offer if you don't have a phone eligible for Verizon's trade-in deal. Most phones from the past few years that show up with a non-zero trade in value on BB's trade in site will give you the $200 gift card. Even some prepaid phones that you could get for $20. The only issue is the trade-in offer is in store only, and the promotion ends on 11/20/16
This. I will wait for the $200 BB credit for my G1. They already noted my account they will take it. Just can't do it until the V20 is active.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
...and this^^^ might explain the most unusual phone call I had with Best Buy this morning...

1.) I start a chat session with LG (assuming BB will have no clue); the short version of my chat... "Hey! why all of a sudden the 1 month delay with Best Buy? You all retrofitting the camera lenses or something?" Answer from LG: Nope, hadn't heard about shortages for pre-orders... been hearing about the camera glass but don't have any returns on that so far... Suggest you contact BB and see what the problem is...

OK...

2.) Call BB. It was a difficult convo, as the customer support person and I had a bit of a language barrier. But the bottom line was, "Don't worry! Your order has shipped!". Ummm... so what about the email? "Don't worry! Your order has shipped!" Ummm, OK. Give me a tracking number... "Please hold the line... <waiting...> Thank you for holding! You will receive a 2nd email with a tracking number. Don't worry, your order has shipped!" So, why can't you give me a tracking number? "I can't get that from my system." So, how do you know it shipped if you can't see a tracking number? "Call us back tomorrow if it doesn't come today, and we will re-flag it for shipment."

<face-palm>

Have you heard any more news? Seems like they are giving you the run-around.

steelers1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Will Best Buy honor this promotion after the end date since they have none in stock during the promo period?

bigguh

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
Mine was supposed to ship today... Just got an email this morning that says it's delayed a month??? Mine is the Verizon version... Anyone else?

Sorry to hear. I'm sure there were added perks to buying from Best Buy but Verizon's site has them available right now. You could get it tomorrow!

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Have you heard any more news? Seems like they are giving you the run-around.
Yes, I called back last night and got someone that I could actually understand... :) she said there was no way to tell when their stock might be in. So, I'm going to try and call one more time this afternoon, and then if I don't like the answer, I'm going to cancel my order with them. I'll wait until I can buy one at a Verizon store locally.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to hear. I'm sure there were added perks to buying from Best Buy but Verizon's site has them available right now. You could get it tomorrow!
No $200 BB card though. VZW is offering trinket trades. BB taking things Verizon would not, or give a few dollars.

If I did not have my Note 4, might be more into the consideration.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
This is getting silly. First time getting a device from BB and Verizon apparently $crewing them over. I guess Verizon is tight on supply.

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I went ahead and cancelled my Best Buy order. I called again and still nobody knew anything... Nobody knew when the phones might be coming in... So, I drove an hour to grab v20 from another Verizon store

dakini03

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
So sounds like everyone on Verizon is screwed getting the $200 trade in deal

I'm being offered a $300 trade in value for the Note 5. I'm not sure why they're not advertising it, but
if you have a handful of later model androids you get the $300. Final price $372 after credits.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm being offered a $300 trade in value for the Note 5. I'm not sure why they're not advertising it, but
if you have a handful of later model androids you get the $300. Final price $372 after credits.

Pretty sure my G1 is not getting $200 from Verizon ;)

CptSmith

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
Saw this posted on the Best Buy forums about the Verizon V20 model:

Welcome to the Best Buy Support Forums. It certainly sounds like you were pretty excited to pickup an LG V20 yesterday when they were supposed to become available, so I apologize for the disappointment caused by us not being able to provide you with one.

That said while the phone was supposed to be available yesterday, regrettably due to factors outside of our control we have not yet received inventory to send to our stores or to ship for online orders. We’re currently working with LG and our vendors to secure inventory as quickly as possible, and I recommend checking our website for any updates on inventory at your local stores, which should become available in the next few days.

mosimann

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Best Buy has 0 Verizon phones in NC, VA and DC. Called twice already and checking their website everyday for a week. Also trying to get the $200 gift card and $200 discount for an old smart phone, but not sure if I'm willing to wait another month.