Anyone Having issues with BlueTooth

deloachs

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
It connects to my cars bluetooth and then disconnects right away. Have hard reset and repaired same thing. My Note 4 connects just fine.

Gdwheel

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Mine connects just fine to my BMW and my Ford pickup, but the streaming audio skips like crazy. My other phones have not done that. Tried both Google Play and Spotify, so it is not the streaming service. I have the songs downloaded to the phone anyway. This is very annoying and could be a deal breaker for me.

The V20 is also finicky with my bluetooth headphones. If I move my head quickly to the right, the song will skip. Otherwise it is fine. It is the weirdest thing, but the only other phone that had this problem was the G5. I think LG's bluetooth transmitter may be weak or getting interference from one of the other modules.

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
It's probably not a hardware problem, it appears to be a Nougat software problem. Do a Google search on Nougat Bluetooth issues and you will get pages of returns. Most of the references relate to the Pixel since it was the first Nougat phone available in the U.S. (followed closely by our beloved V20) but others are reporting problems with Nexus phones that received the Nougat update.

I doubt exchanging your phone will resolve the issue. Google is aware of the issue and supposedly working on a fix.

I hope this helps. The downside of being an early adopter for a new operating system.

lateck2

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your issues.
I have had no problems with BT connecting to my Toyota Tacoma or BT headphones & speakers.

Lateck,

Gdwheel

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
It's probably not a hardware problem, it appears to be a Nougat software problem. Do a Google search on Nougat Bluetooth issues and you will get pages of returns. Most of the references relate to the Pixel since it was the first Nougat phone available in the U.S. (followed closely by our beloved V20) but others are reporting problems with Nexus phones that received the Nougat update.

I doubt exchanging your phone will resolve the issue. Google is aware of the issue and supposedly working on a fix.

I hope this helps. The downside of being an early adopter for a new operating system.

The problem is that I also have the Pixel XL and it does not have the skipping problem, at all. The issues noted with Nougat are connecting and disconnecting and making calls, not streaming audio.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

Unless its specific vehicles that would not explain why we are not all having the problem? I think there were reported issues with 7.1 and we are on 7.0

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
The problem is that I also have the Pixel XL and it does not have the skipping problem, at all. The issues noted with Nougat are connecting and disconnecting and making calls, not streaming audio.

Hi, sorry, my response was aimed more at the OP who is having disconnect issues. I don't know what carrier you are on but my TMo V20 is still on 7.0. I suspect your Pixel is on 7.1 which might make a difference.

I saw one post on Reddit where a Pixel user reported that turning off WiFi and Bluetooth scanning provided an effective work-around for the skipping issue. That said, others indicated that it did not work for them.

Anyway....going to test some V20 streaming today with Uconnect in my Charger and on my Bose Soundlink 2 speaker. We'll see how it goes.

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Unless its specific vehicles that would not explain why we are not all having the problem? I think there were reported issues with 7.1 and we are on 7.0

A great example of trying to work through issues like this. Gdwheel is having a skipping problem with his V20 / 7.0 and reports his Pixel XL / 7.1 (I suspect) is working fine.

Also, doesn't seem to be vehicle specific......some people are having success, others, not so much. I'm guessing it is a combination of manufacturer and model year. The older the car / head-unit, the more likely an issue. Older Bluetooth stacks in the vehicle. Again, just a guess / theory.

May 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same problem with my 2015 Mitsubishi. Clearing the Bluetooth cache will cause the pairing attempt to take longer, but it still fails. If anyone finds a workaround for this, I'm all ears.

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Did some light testing with my V20, Bluetooth and various devices today. Here are my unscientific results.

Dodge Uconnect - No issues connecting, staying connected, switching between phone and music. The big difference was using an AUX cable to connect through the AUX input and use the DAC. WOW.....bigger sound stage, better defined bass, crisper / clearer highs. Not sure I can use the Bluetooth in my car again after using the AUX / DAC.

Bose QC35 headphones - No issues connecting and staying connected. No pops, skips or stuttering. Also tried using the cable to activate the DAC, same experience as above. Much better.

Bose Soundlink II Bluetooth Speaker - No issues connecting and staying connected. HOWEVER, I did experience a couple of pops / drop outs (milliseconds where there is no sound). Not many, 3-5 over a period of 1/2 hour. Enough to be annoying.

That's what I got. Except for the Soundlink II, success.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
A great example of trying to work through issues like this. Gdwheel is having a skipping problem with his V20 / 7.0 and reports his Pixel XL / 7.1 (I suspect) is working fine.

Also, doesn't seem to be vehicle specific......some people are having success, others, not so much. I'm guessing it is a combination of manufacturer and model year. The older the car / head-unit, the more likely an issue. Older Bluetooth stacks in the vehicle. Again, just a guess / theory.

What you are saying is somewhat vehicle specific. In any I have had no issues with Bluetooth connection of any kind. Car, external speakers, headphones, etc.

nuangel2

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I am having the same problem.v20 connects to bluetoothin car but when listen to music it will suddenly disconnect.or music plays but it skips a lot.

DamianP

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
It connects to my cars bluetooth and then disconnects right away. Have hard reset and repaired same thing. My Note 4 connects just fine.

No issues streaming to a 2015 Audi, or new Alpine head unit or Bose SoundLink. I also use a Plantronics headset for phone calls without issue. I even have it connected to 2 devices without an issue.

zombiejerky

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
What music program are you using?

I posted in another thread about Android Auto having issues, but it ultimately is Spotify over bluetooth that is giving me problems.

jmarkey77

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I've used mine on two rental cars, GM and Ford and both worked fine but the audio was delayed half a second, not terrible. My Honda has an aftermarket Panasonic that works great. I've noticed a few audio blips while listening to audio books, not sure that's my phone though it didn't happen on my G5.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz