Videos app from LG

Kaelon

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

There's a "Videos" stock app on the LG V20 that appears when selecting to play a recorded video, but there doesn't seem to be an App launcher icon for this app. Is there any way to get it to appear on my home screen? I'd like to launch this app manually from time to time.

Thanks!

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
You can actually get an icon for it by using QuickShortcutMaker in the Play Store and it will launch but not do anything. I just get a black screen and when I tap the screen to get the controls to pop up, I can briefly see the video controls and then it exits.

Its a system app and just doesn't appear designed to launch on its own for whatever reason.

Kaelon

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
Thanks! I had no clue that QuickShortcutMaker even existed. Are there any other hidden apps that QuickShortcutMaker can help expose? I am usually a fan of the stock apps that LG, or Samsung, and others produce.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks! I had no clue that QuickShortcutMaker even existed. Are there any other hidden apps that QuickShortcutMaker can help expose? I am usually a fan of the stock apps that LG, or Samsung, and others produce.
I'm not sure if there is anything in there to find but you can shortcut to a lot of things, as long as it works. LG did have a permissions menu hidden that was useful on previous versions of Android but it's pretty much been negated by the enhanced permissions settings of MM and now Nougat.

Just as an example you can create a shortcut that takes you to a specific part of the settings menu. So instead of hitting Settings- network tab -tethering, you could create a shortcut icon that takes you straight to the tethering menu inside settings.

I haven't played around with it to much to see everything it can do.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084