A recall under way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
I just talked to a guy at a bigger Wind Mobile store and he says that they have the phone... but they're not allowed to sell it because it's being recalled in Canada! A recall!!!! He didn't know what the recall was, but his manager told him that they can't sell it, and the phones are definitely being recalled.

This might just be Canada.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I'm just not gonna trip. If they recall it here in the promised land, they recall it. I'll still have my backups?

X1tymez

Q&A Team
Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
Did you ask him if he meant Samsung note 7? There's no new events talking about LG v20 recall. All I know is release date Oct 28th, today. Check other stores.

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
b90c5fde53e3bb559e87b8733cb55518.gif

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
I can't find anything on Google either... but I phoned several stores who did not have the phone (odd for a phone just released), and the one store that did know anything about the phone, the guy was very specific about it being the LG V20, not a Samsung phone. Also, I'm not saying this is also happening in the US -- just Canada.

I just got this from Wind on Facebook:

"WIND expects the LG V20 to be available as early as next week, but due to unforeseen circumstances is currently unavailable."

So what are "unforeseen circumstances"?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I can't find anything on Google either... but I phoned several stores who did not have the phone (odd for a phone just released), and the one store that did know anything about the phone, the guy was very specific about it being the LG V20, not a Samsung phone. Also, I'm not saying this is also happening in the US -- just Canada.

I just got this from Wind on Facebook:

"WIND expects the LG V20 to be available as early as next week, but due to unforeseen circumstances is currently unavailable."

So what are "unforeseen circumstances"?

Wait .. So the guy said a recall but on Facebook they just say next week it will be available? This sounds like a rep using the wrong terminology --- holding due to some reason and a recall are on two totally different scales.

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Wait .. So the guy said a recall but on Facebook they just say next week it will be available? This sounds like a rep using the wrong terminology --- holding due to some reason and a recall are on two totally different scales.

Generally I agree... but it's not just a matter of lack of stock or something, as the store actually has them.

I agree that the rep probably misused the word "recall", but he did say that they were instructed to send the phones back to corporate.

Anyways, I'm a bit tired of the vitriol. If you want to delete this thread, please feel free to do so.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Generally I agree... but it's not just a matter of lack of stock or something, as the store actually has them.

I agree that the rep probably misused the word "recall", but he did say that they were instructed to send the phones back to corporate.

Anyways, I'm a bit tired of the vitriol. If you want to delete this thread, please feel free to do so.

I don't believe anyone is meaning to be cruel but there are a lot of people coming from the Note 7 to the V20 so loosely saying "This is being recalled?" calls for alarm -- especially after the fiasco that was the Note 7. To me it sounds like either a software issue (if they do bloat up there?) or something of that nature. A week delay isn't that huge a deal even if they did have to send them back. I just think it was a bad time to use the word "recall".

As per your request though I will close down the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.