LG V20 GPS Issues (shown via LG health app you can test yourself)

Kujoja

Nov 1, 2016
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

Is anyone experiencing a bad GPS signal? It's particularly obvious when I'm using the LG Health App - Tracking. You can see in the image attached the red line (actual route) and blue line (GPS recoreded by my V20). The tracking is all over the place and because of the GPS jumping, the distance is off more than 300%.

Has anyone experienced something similar?

Thank you!

Attachments

• lg health.jpg
    lg health.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 113

pvcleave

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I don't know that this is the issue, but I know there are setting for how to determine location. You may want to fiddle with the settings.

sauckly

Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
I have mine set for High Accuracy (its in Settings-Location-Mode) and it works great with Strava (a cycling and running app), very accurate.

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

Is anyone experiencing a bad GPS signal? It's particularly obvious when I'm using the LG Health App - Tracking. You can see in the image attached the red line (actual route) and blue line (GPS recoreded by my V20). The tracking is all over the place and because of the GPS jumping, the distance is off more than 300%.

Has anyone experienced something similar?

Thank you!
I downloaded the S-health Samsung app so I'm happy that I have a part of Samsung on my V20

Anonyjen

Nov 12, 2016
Visit site
I am experiencing terrible issues with the GPS tracking on my LG V20. The signal drops out in the middle of an open area, and even when the GPS doesn't drop out the accuracy is abysmal. Shows 8.2 miles for a 6.1-mile run. My run trace is even worse than the one you posted. I'm using the phone to track my training runs for a half marathon and it's worse than useless.

Does anyone know how to correct the issue, or if we can exchange for a phone with a working GPS unit? This is totally unacceptable.

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
Between Samsung health, and Lg health there is a huge gap when it comes to my steps, at work I can walk over 20,000 steps on a daily basis S-health will have me at almost 23,000 steps but Lg health barely at like 14,000 in the past when I had a Huawei watch and used Google health there was only a difference of about 1-2,000 steps so I think Lg health is also having GPS issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevinrshay1984