just dropped my v20 on a hardwood floor......

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm just going to say that the way my phone parsed "analogy" in that there post across two lines nearly made it rather warm here too for a split second, until I moved to the next line and read the rest of the word.

OMG... I'm laughing so hard I have tears coming out of my eyes...!!!!!

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
You are INDEED the Queen of GIF. All Hail the Queen! Long live Queen Elaine!
Now you did it....her head is going to swell
db0f3d744b3b1a8b082d67d7d92bb036.gif

hou33guy

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
I dropped mines at least 5 goooood times with case on it and pick it up with the one eye open and close but its a champ no damages

iOS Gravity

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Just because yours didn't break this one time doesn't mean others were as lucky. Drops are a chance thing. Depends on how far, how hard (normal drop or you were moving your arm so gave it momentum), and angel that it falls.

Please don't tell others what to post/not post on the forums :). They're allowed to share their experiences as well. Not all of us go through the same stuff.

Just like those millions of people that didn't have their Note 7s blow up...

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
It's a matter of luck, really.

My phones have been subject to some bad drops and they largely came out unscathed. But some say, I won't be so lucky.

damev

Oct 8, 2016
Visit site
Has anyone watched the one drop test video on YouTube? The guy drops the phone like 5 or 6 times before the lens cracks and the final drops were from higher than 6 feet.

Which drop test? Android Authority?

They did not do the drop test the way the phone was landing on it's back. It can be true that the camera glass survives some drops if the phone is landing on it's corners / edges. But as soon as even a slight direct impact / stress / scratch exerted on the camera glass, it will break. So for example if you put the phone in your pocket (where it's unavoidable for the camera glass to get some scratch / stress) or drop it on the table on it's back, it is very likely that the camera glass will break.

But it's obvious that if LG used much smaller camera glass (if each camera had it's own small piece of glass), it would be more durable and less likely to break. There would be less glass surface exposed to the environment.

Deke218

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Any phone can be damaged if dropped. It's good to see LG may have finally made a decent device but time will tell. My experience with LG phones is within 6 months things will go south. Hoping you all will not have to go through that.
a907c814135ba116ce5d3ac03f1b8900.gif

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair