V20 Nought issues???

lateck2

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
Hi there; Maybe it's me but I have (am having) some difficulty with my new V20 (Verizon model) in the way it is interacting with my apps and SD card.

I do know (or have found out) that many apps are not ready for Nougat. But I am also finding that I can't do some of the same things I can on my V10. Like, move apps to the external Micro SD card. I have also had some apps that address the card not work.

I have posted a similar question on the Nougat forum, so I am trying to see if it is hardware or OS issues.

Thanks,
Lateck,

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm personally not a fan of moving apps to an SD card, but I do know if you get into the developer options, there's a setting to "force allow apps on external." I've never used this, so not going to claim you should simply enable it. I would suggest you see what other info you can find on it to decide if it's something you want to try.

BB_Bmore

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
I noticed this too but I'm not much worried about it with 64 gig internal. I imagine that many apps need to be updated to the latest api. Unless Google removed the option. Idk.

missouriexile

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
You have to give apps (like gallery & file manager) permission to use the SD card. Someone else can tell how.
Also, set the camera to always store photos on SD card.

lateck2

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
Mooncatt, thank you. I'll look for that. I do have the DO turned on.
Missouriexlle, you are correct. In fact I have had to give permission to a lot of apps when I first start to use them. No change, still can't move them.
But thanks guys for the replies.

Lateck,

Kansatsusha

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
That why i mention to delete certain folder in other thread if that memory card was on a previous device as setting might be set for that os environment and sometime hardware. "Android, Data, LOST.DIR" these folder will recreate itself when Android see it.

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
My v20 stop recognizing my sd card, I reinstalled it but it still doesn't read it, I'm going to have to see if my laptop reads my SD card now, also the time lags when I turn on my phone it takes seconds to update to the right time