Nova Launcher and V20

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Join the group. It automatically becomes available.
Nova Launcher Beta

OK, Beta installed, settings changed.

One thing that seems to happen, though, is that when I lock by double-tap the finger print unlock doesn't happen till I first tap the home button... then I can use the finger print unlock -- this is slightly different from normal when I can just unlock with finger print, i.e., one step vs. two steps.

Ideas?

I've got my lock timeout set to 5 seconds in both Nova and the display "lock timer" setting.

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Same here. At least it works I suppose.

Yup, better than having to lock the screen by tapping the notification bar or tapping the home button.

Thanks for your quick help, by the way, it's very appreciated :)

EDIT: I've figured out that after 5 minutes (or whatever your display->screen timeout is set to), you can unlock using just the one step finger print instead of the two step.

Last edited:

Wonder Why

Feb 27, 2017
Visit site
Buy the full version if you enjoy using it.... basic free version is going to always purposely give you troubles...

Agree with you... I tried many launchers and the full version only that supports knockon feature on Lg V20..... Anyone know what free version launcher that works well with knockon feature?

gboxpro

Apr 18, 2017
Visit site
View attachment 244877

As far as I can't tell, fingerprint is disabled by Nova when double tap is enabled

I felt this needed some additional information as it was exactly what I needed to get my LG G6 working the way I wanted. To unlock the hidden labs feature in Nova/Nova Prime, hold down the volume down button for 2-3 seconds while you're in the Nova settings screen. Then you will find the 'Screen lock method' menu in Advanced.

Now I have the best of both worlds, Nova gestures to open apps and the ability to unlock using the fingerprint scanner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress