Main screen turns on while getting text messages.

Infamousx14

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
How do I make sure that when I receive a text message, it only shows on the 2nd screen and doesn't turn on the main screen without having to put a lock on main screen? Is there anyway or a lock must be on?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If you go to the Messaging app, go into the Settings, then Notification, select 'Second Screen' in "Show in". That should do it. If not, then your carrier must have enforced that for the stock messaging app (most stock apps do that, BTW).

If that's the case, then I'd suggest using a 3rd party app that doesn't turn on the screen when getting a text. I use Textra, and it does have that option.

Infamousx14

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
If you go to the Messaging app, go into the Settings, then Notification, select 'Second Screen' in "Show in". That should do it. If not, then your carrier must have enforced that for the stock messaging app (most stock apps do that, BTW).

If that's the case, then I'd suggest using a 3rd party app that doesn't turn on the screen when getting a text. I use Textra, and it does have that option.

I am actually using Textra as well. So, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks,

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
In Textra, go to Settings, Customize Notifications, scroll down to the Notification Style section and make sure that the option to "Wake up Screen" is set to NO.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz