To Buy or not to buy V20

anon(10076979)

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site
Hi V20 users. I was so sure about getting this phone since note 7 was out but I saw some videos on YouTube about LG being prone to bootloops. Now I'm bothered and confused if I'm still going to get this phone or wait for the new phones next year like the S8.
Opinions will be appreciated. Thanks!

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
It will remain to be seen if the V20 gets bootloop. My V10 did it and so did all the V10s that everyone who I personally know has one did. But I still got the V20 and am crossing my fingers.

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
My V10 didn't bootloop, had it for a year before I upgraded to the v20. The battery is amazing. I've had mine since the 19th of October and my camera glass is fine. Even after a drop.. Watch the drop test that android authority did.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi V20 users. I was so sure about getting this phone since note 7 was out but I saw some videos on YouTube about LG being prone to bootloops. Now I'm bothered and confused if I'm still going to get this phone or wait for the new phones next year like the S8.
Opinions will be appreciated. Thanks!

No one can answer this question for you. If you ask most people who own the V20 they will recommend it and those that don't own maybe undecided or point possible negatives that may or may not exist.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I think most any phone made today is likely prone to some sort of common problem, so I personally don't bother worrying about it anymore and just buy an extended warranty. It sucks, but such is the nature of phones in my experience.

anon(10076979)

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site
I think most any phone made today is likely prone to some sort of common problem, so I personally don't bother worrying about it anymore and just buy an extended warranty. It sucks, but such is the nature of phones in my experience.

I see. Cos with my current s5. I didn't have any problems and it works fine til now. So since I'm not the type of guy who upgrades phone yearly, I need something that will last long

talon1189

Oct 18, 2016
Visit site
I see. Cos with my current s5. I didn't have any problems and it works fine til now. So since I'm not the type of guy who upgrades phone yearly, I need something that will last long
No one here on the forums can tell you how long a V20 will last because we do not know. Ask this question 1 year from now and we will have an answer to your question. Life is full of risks. Why not get one to try out? If you don't like it you have at least 14 and sometimes 30 days to return it depending on your carrier. Good luck on what you decide :)

anon(10076979)

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site
No one here on the forums can tell you how long a V20 will last because we do not know. Ask this question 1 year from now and we will have an answer to your question. Life is full of risks. Why not get one to try out? If you don't like it you have at least 14 and sometimes 30 days to return it depending on your carrier. Good luck on what you decide :)

You have a point. But I just want to know if it is worth the risk. Cos I'm a prepaid user and I'll be paying it in full if i decide to get one.

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
if lg was having bootloop issues on previous models, i'm sure they took care of it on the v20.
Not necessarily. Other phones before the V10 suffered from this same issue. And the V20 looks to be very close to the V10 architecture. It will remain to be seen and all we can do is hope.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Not necessarily. Other phones before the V10 suffered from this same issue. And the V20 looks to be very close to the V10 architecture. It will remain to be seen and all we can do is hope.
To play devil's advocate (because I agree, who knows if it'll be an issue), the V10 was already close to being released before the G4's bootloop became a big deal. Even if LG knew the bootloop problem was brewing and it was the same issue, it would have been too late to change the V10 design.

anon(10076979)

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site
Yes. Bring it back under warranty for a replacement.

Guess I'll have to back every data up regularly.
Talking about warranty I saw a comment on a youtube video regarding bootloop. LG didn't replace his phone despite the bootloop because the software and hardware is all good. I find it strange. I can't see the thread anymore and dont know what he did next

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae