Hi-fi music

bchain996

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site
I tried searching but couldn't find any results.. I used to use Google Play music but now I primarily use Apple Music but I'm looking for a place to get music that will take advantage of this phones capabilities.. Any suggestions?

talon1189

Oct 18, 2016
Visit site
I tried searching but couldn't find any results.. I used to use Google Play music but now I primarily use Apple Music but I'm looking for a place to get music that will take advantage of this phones capabilities.. Any suggestions?
I don't think any "music player" right now can take full advantage of the LG V20 32 bit quad DAC from what I have read....

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Tidal HiFi without question is the best quality, but I hated their app. You can try it for free for 30 days, which is what I did, and then cancelled it. It made my old G5 sound great.

For me, I use Google Play, but make sure you have enabled high quality mode. Apple is near the bottom in bit rate quality.

For reference on Tidal HiFi, it streams at a bit rate equal to a CD. All the other services are about 1/4 that rate.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Apple's 256bps always sounds fine to these ears...even if its not near the best quality you can get the variety is great...IME.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

Spotify premium sounds great

mlknez

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
You all are incorrect.

Tidal is only CD quality at best
Spotify is below CD quality
Apples quality is generally CD quality or below
HD Tracks sells standard or lower quality music stuffed into hi-res containers and sold for a premium

Generally, the best way to get the highest quality audio files is from the record label that produces them. This comes with a caveat as most recordings are still either done on equipment that is below hi-res or only distributed in mastered form that is downgraded to standard or below resolution. Some examples of real high resolution music can be obtained from:

iTrax
2L - the Nordic Sound
https://www.nativedsd.com/
Classical Music - Streaming Classical Music
Blue Coast Records | Exceptional Acoustic Recordings
http://www.bso.org/Merchandise/Listing

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
You all are incorrect.

Tidal is only CD quality at best
Spotify is below CD quality
Apples quality is generally CD quality or below
HD Tracks sells standard or lower quality music stuffed into hi-res containers and sold for a premium

Generally, the best way to get the highest quality audio files is from the record label that produces them. This comes with a caveat as most recordings are still either done on equipment that is below hi-res or only distributed in mastered form that is downgraded to standard or below resolution. Some examples of real high resolution music can be obtained from:

iTrax
2L - the Nordic Sound
https://www.nativedsd.com/
Classical Music - Streaming Classical Music
Blue Coast Records | Exceptional Acoustic Recordings
http://www.bso.org/Merchandise/Listing

I am not incorrect..... I said Spotify premium sounds great. I never said it was CD quality. Tell me what is incorrect?

mlknez

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
the original poster was asking for places to get music that will take advantage of the high-quality DAC. Spotify would work with any DAC.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
the original poster was asking for places to get music that will take advantage of the high-quality DAC. Spotify would work with any DAC.

Well I've tried other DACs and its still and improvement so from my perspective it still takes advantage of the DAC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36