It happened. The camera. :(

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Come on, man! How are you gonna post those things and then not link us up? Lol. I can't find them anywhere.

Sorry... Saw those posted on reddit and I just copied and pasted. Will try to dig them up again but I think they are commonly found on Amazon as bumpers.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Sorry... Saw those posted on reddit and I just copied and pasted. Will try to dig them up again but I think they are commonly found on Amazon as bumpers.
All I could find when I searched bumpers was edge cases. I've since gotten a slim clear case but would still be interested in those little bumpers if you can find them.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

Why buy those bumpers? they don't protect the phone except for the camera area. Why not buy a Otterbox Defender or Poetic Revolution?

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Otterbox.... When you phone just doesn't scream large enough

They're bulky, BUT the V20 one is a tank, VERY bulky. coworker of mine joked it's probably a lot bigger than my junk.

I can see having a Defender for a glass phone such as the Galaxy line for example. The V20 is more durable and probably doesn't need to be this thick but I don't see how I'd break my phone in this case. I have a poetic revolution which is nice too and not quite as bulky. I hope Tech 21 comes out with the Evo Tactical XT. I had it for my Note 7 and really loved the case. Basically Tech 21's Defender line. They only make it for the iPhone and Moto right now.

Another reason why I hate on Apple! So easy to find good cases everywhere for them.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

I still don't understand how people spend 700-800 on these phones and don't use a case or use a really thin case on it. I use the Otterbox Defender on mine and got a Poetic Revolution as well.

I wish Supcase would come out with a V20 case though. I like the Defender but it's a tad overkill on the v20 since the V20 is built rugged. I use it because the camera well is really deep on the Defender.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I still don't understand how people spend 700-800 on these phones and don't use a case or use a really thin case on it. I use the Otterbox Defender on mine and got a Poetic Revolution as well.

I wish Supcase would come out with a V20 case though. I like the Defender but it's a tad overkill on the v20 since the V20 is built rugged. I use it because the camera well is really deep on the Defender.
Depends on your propensity to drop and damage your phone. I haven't (knock on wood) damaged a phone in 5+ years. I have 3 cases for the V20 but I only buy if they are on sale at Amazon. For the 3 cases I've purchased, I have less than $15 invested.
Would a $40 case provide more protection? Probably. But does it provide 80% more protection to justify 80+% higher cost? No way. I also don't use screen protectors. Complete waste of money IMO.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Depends on your propensity to drop and damage your phone. I haven't (knock on wood) damaged a phone in 5+ years. I have 3 cases for the V20 but I only buy if they are on sale at Amazon. For the 3 cases I've purchased, I have less than $15 invested.
Would a $40 case provide more protection? Probably. But does it provide 80% more protection to justify 80+% higher cost? No way. I also don't use screen protectors. Complete waste of money IMO.

My screen is currently naked on the V20. The built in protector on this Defender for the v20 was pure garbage and didn't even come close to making contact with the screen. It was terrible so I took a blow dryer and heated the glue and removed it. My S7 edge Defender has a great built in protector that is clear and fits tight to the case. It will stay naked unless I switch to the Revolution or Supcase makes a Unicorn Beetle I will buy that and their screen protectors are great.

dohlo

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
So just a quick update- I emailed a few different online repair retailers to see if they had any idea when replacement pieces would become available and nobody had any idea when anything would become available. And they all claimed they knew of nothing currently available from anybody. Meh :(

Honestly starting to think about just removing the plastic piece and trying to jerry rig something myself. Worse case I just still have exposed camera lenses as I do now.

Honestly rather frustrating that there isn't anything available yet.

MikeyBugs95

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
I was thinking about getting a thin, clear sheet of plexiglass and somehow rigging it as a protector that sits just in front of the camera glass/lense. With a case, you could trace out the shape of the camera cutout, cut out the plexiglass shape and refine it and then glue it into/onto the case cutout.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I was thinking about getting a thin, clear sheet of plexiglass and somehow rigging it as a protector that sits just in front of the camera glass/lense. With a case, you could trace out the shape of the camera cutout, cut out the plexiglass shape and refine it and then glue it into/onto the case cutout.

And ruin every picture.....

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

I hate bulky cases like the Otterbox. It's like carrying a brick around. I don't like the way they look or feel in the hand. I usually rock my phone naked or with a slim case. I'm careful with my phone so having a bulky case is not worth it nor necessary for me.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I use Spigen cases. OtterBox defender is just to much for me.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I still don't understand how people spend 700-800 on these phones and don't use a case or use a really thin case on it.
I envy people that are able to be so care-free. I would not get much rest if I used even my rugged V10 without a case let alone my V20s. That one little nick or scratch would bother me way more than it has any right to.

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I envy people that are able to be so care-free. I would not get much rest if I used even my rugged V10 without a case let alone my V20s. That one little nick or scratch would bother me way more than it has any right to.

I've gone a work day here and there without a case. It's lasted but I'm not used to how slick the phone it. haha After seen all the drop tests than people uploaded.. I trust those more than a few reports of broken glass here and there... But, in reality. I like to keep all my phones in the best condition I can possibly keep them in, and that calls for a good case.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I've gone a work day here and there without a case. It's lasted but I'm not used to how slick the phone it. haha After seen all the drop tests than people uploaded.. I trust those more than a few reports of broken glass here and there... But, in reality. I like to keep all my phones in the best condition I can possibly keep them in, and that calls for a good case.
Amen!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall