Anyone else having their V20 get "clunky" at times

carme4

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
Mine gets stuck in portrait mode on Facebook a lot when I try rotating to landscape to reply. Not sure if that is the Facebook app, my keyboard, or LG.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
It goes without saying that these are just computers running an OS. That they might get bogged down at times should come as no great surprise. That said, most of the time, both my V20s are enjoyably snappy. It depends on what you've got running. I really do recommend disabling any carrier bloat you don't need. It pays off.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Every time I make up my mind to finally buy a v20 I read something like this that deters me. My Note 3 (fallback from note 7) does everything the v20 does that I care about. The one edge the v20 has is its reputed speed. Now that I'm reading that it essentially has the same issues my old Note 3 has I have less enthusiasm about buying. Like the V20 my note 3 is usually fast and works flawlessly (including ir blaster!) but occasionally gets laggy. I don't care about the second screen so if the V20 basically works like my Note 3 why step up? I don't care about wide angle and the snapshot capabilities are equally weak imo. (I know many of you love the v20 camera but I have tested it and it isn't even close to the newest Samsung cameras imo) To my eyes (not specs I know) the screens are comparable so no edge to v20 there. I don't listen to music often so the DAC means little to me. I'd be more impressed with front facing stereo speakers which both phones lack.

I really want a new phone (just because I do) but no real sense if it doesn't offer a significantly better experience.

carme4

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
I think my issue is with the Facebook app as far as sometimes not rotating into landscape. Other than that this phone is waaay less laggy than my Notes 2, 4 and 7!

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I think my issue is with the Facebook app as far as sometimes not rotating into landscape. Other than that this phone is waaay less laggy than my Notes 2, 4 and 7!
Someone else has it in youtube and I have read other remarks about lag

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
Someone else has it in youtube and I have read other remarks about lag

Yes my started with YouTube, and now also doesn't always switch from portrait to landscape even when I'm reading an article online, as I was typing this I turned my v20 sideways and it took forever to switch to landscape, and I have very little apps on my phone and usually kill background apps so jot sure what's up with the lag, I use Samsung so lag is something I'm used to lol, but if it was up to me and I had a working note 3 I would of just waited til the next note, problem for me was I sold my note 5 before the recall and the S7 or s7edge did not appeal to me, so I'm going to keep the v20 til the next note phone comes out.

Every phone has its flaws none are perfect, it's all about preference the v20 is a good phone, but personally it doesn't compare to my note phones, but again Samsung is my preference.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Yes my started with YouTube, and now also doesn't always switch from portrait to landscape even when I'm reading an article online, as I was typing this I turned my v20 sideways and it took forever to switch to landscape, and I have very little apps on my phone and usually kill background apps so jot sure what's up with the lag, I use Samsung so lag is something I'm used to lol, but if it was up to me and I had a working note 3 I would of just waited til the next note, problem for me was I sold my note 5 before the recall and the S7 or s7edge did not appeal to me, so I'm going to keep the v20 til the next note phone comes out.

Every phone has its flaws none are perfect, it's all about preference the v20 is a good phone, but personally it doesn't compare to my note phones, but again Samsung is my preference.
Certainly not everyone has the problem you describe. Maybe you should exchange your phone?

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
Certainly not everyone has the problem you describe. Maybe you should exchange your phone?

It's not really worth it dealing with t-mobile, like I said some lag isn't a deal breaker for me because I use Samsung phones usually, I'm just sharing my experience because I've seen some people's on here just like on the Samsung forums that seem like they are paid by LG or Samsung and make it seem like the phones have no flaws, all phones have flaws so the lag is nothing to persuade me to go through the hassle of exchanging.

I been wanting to do a wipe cache partition but the article someone shared on here with instructions on how to do it, didn't work for me after I tried 3 times.

carme4

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
Yes I have calibrated it twice. I feel certain now it is the Facebook app as I have tried it on everything else and it works fine, but only on the Facebook app if it has been restarted or refreshed by signing out and back on again.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463