Anyone else having their V20 get "clunky" at times

oldskoolstyle70

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Let me start by I'm not a fanatic on running a flawless phone. I get there are times when it won't run perfect. But I have been getting a lot of freezes and delays lately. Maybe it's just my device but checking if anyone else had been coming across this. Examples are apps not responding, delays in the second screen responding to updates or using it to turn on/off settings, and email app loading blanks but if I go into the actual email program, it works fine.

gomezl7

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I would do a factory reset or exchange your phone honestly man I've been trying to find something wrong with this phone it runs perfect

oldskoolstyle70

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I'm glad to hear it's more on an anomaly than the norm. I did the reset and clean reload than from backup. Not my first rodeo with smartphones. Haha. Time to get tmo to do an exchange.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I encounter stuttering and slowness switching between apps every so often, and the camera has been slow to start several times. Nothing major, but I do notice it.

pinkvikchick

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I noticed that in the beginning, the 3 times it froze (in the 16 days I had it), the battery was really low, around 20%. I don't know if that has anything to do with it, but other than that, perfect. I suspected it had to do with the 11 million apps I was downloading.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I notice it, mostly when scrolling pages, but I chalk it up to how ant apps I have running in the background more than anything.

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Not me. My G5 did all the time. It was brutal, always having to clear the apps running.

But the V20 on Android 7.0 is smooth as butter....
Ucv66yu.gif

DamianP

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
No issues with mine.

Let me start by I'm not a fanatic on running a flawless phone. I get there are times when it won't run perfect. But I have been getting a lot of freezes and delays lately. Maybe it's just my device but checking if anyone else had been coming across this. Examples are apps not responding, delays in the second screen responding to updates or using it to turn on/off settings, and email app loading blanks but if I go into the actual email program, it works fine.

jsk0703

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
No issues here but I've modified my settings in some ways so maybe I just don't see it. I have all of the animation and transition settings set to zero or off in the device and Nova settings.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I've disabled a lot of the apps I consider bloatware and set my animations to .5x. It may be placebo but the phones still feel fast.

jmarkey77

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I've run into thermal throttling when I'm charging the phone on full brightness when using it for directions. When I unplug it is clunky until the heat dies down. Not shocked and totally expected result.

athenatp

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
It's pretty fast for me but it stutters from time to time, noticeable but no where near what other phones have done for me or no where near being annoying.

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
My YouTube app misbehaves all the time from rotating from portrait to landscape it sometimes will not even rotate I have to push the little full screen icon, and also the time on the widget that is in my home screen takes longer to change to the current time than the little clock on the notification bar, I'm going to Uninstall updates on the YouTube app and see if that fixes it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital