Issue with Second Screen when Main Screen is off

aieong19

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Hey all,

Everywhere I read online and within the second screen setting menu, they claim that when the main screen is off, I should be able to see a default screen (with either Date & Time or Signature), and Quick Tools, and Music Player.

However, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to switch to either Quick Tools or the Music Player at the second screen when my main screen is off.

I tried swiping left and right, or up and down everywhere on the screen not just the second screen. I tried tapping and holding. I tried tapping then swiping and nothing works. My second screen is always stuck at the default screen and nothing else.

Have any one else encountered the same problem? Any idea what is going on? Should I do a factory reset (I currently don have a SD card to make a backup so a reset is kinda a hassle)

Any idea would be much appreciated. Thanks!!

BB_Bmore

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Settings / display / second screen / toggle on press 3 dot menu for more options.
a10664d41c3eeb0e005670ad425a7a89.jpg

BB_Bmore

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
If you can't get the desired effect from here then it's probably not available for your model. Is still hard to say what carrier removed or blocked what from these phones. It seems different with every carrier.

Wobblin30

May 20, 2011
Visit site
If you can't get the desired effect from here then it's probably not available for your model. Is still hard to say what carrier removed or blocked what from these phones. It seems different with every carrier.

No access to app shortcuts on the second screen when the main is off on the VZ variant.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
No access to app shortcuts on the second screen when the main is off on the VZ variant.
I've just heard of this and wondering if it is just the Verizon variant. I didn't think that was an option at all, and honestly one I'd feel hesitant using for security reasons.

Has it been verified that other variants have that ability?

SupraLB

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
I've just heard of this and wondering if it is just the Verizon variant. I didn't think that was an option at all, and honestly one I'd feel hesitant using for security reasons.

Has it been verified that other variants have that ability?

I can access the shortcuts like camera, flashlight, bluetooth, etc. The program apps, like facebook, email, gallery, etc if you click on those, it requires you to enter password or fingerprint. Thats of course if you have password/fingerprint required to unlock the screen. Some people dont for some reason. I dont trust leaving my phone locked at any time.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I can access the shortcuts like camera, flashlight, bluetooth, etc. The program apps, like facebook, email, gallery, etc if you click on those, it requires you to enter password or fingerprint. Thats of course if you have password/fingerprint required to unlock the screen. Some people dont for some reason. I dont trust leaving my phone locked at any time.
Ok, thanks. Not that I like a feature being removed, but I don't even use that when the screen is on. So I guess no skin off my back. Lol

aieong19

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, thanks for all the replies.

I got mine to work by sucking it up and doing a factory reset.

It has been working fine after the factory reset. Not sure what got it locked at the default screen in the first place as i cant recall if it ever worked before the factory reset.

Shocked to hear that some model locked this figure.

Anyways thanks for all the help again.

Cheers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge