Songs are gone

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
So I got my v20 yesturday. Put all my songs on google play music app and today they just magically disappeared. Guess I'm going to have to download them again. Ugh. Has this happened to anyone else?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What do you mean when you say you put all of your songs on the Google Play Music app? Do you mean that you uploaded your music to your Google Play Music library in the cloud? Or that you copied the actual music tracks to your phone's storage, and were accessing them from the GPM app? Or did you purchase music from Google Play, then download the tracks locally?

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
What do you mean when you say you put all of your songs on the Google Play Music app? Do you mean that you uploaded your music to your Google Play Music library in the cloud? Or that you copied the actual music tracks to your phone's storage, and were accessing them from the GPM app? Or did you purchase music from Google Play, then download the tracks locally?

I put my music on Google play music using google drive. They disappeared. Did it again and so far they still there. Don't know what happened. Hopefully it doesn't happen again.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm glad it seems to be working now, but I'm still not sure what you mean by putting music on Google Play Music using Google Drive. Are your music files saved to Google Drive in the cloud, and you're downloading them to the phone so that the Play Music app can play them locally? (I'm just trying to clarify this to see if I can help you prevent the problem from recurring.)

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
For whatever reason i never backed my songs up on verizon cloud. I always did it thru the google drive app. So I uploaded them to the google play music app from the google drive app.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You opened Google Drive, selected the music file, and then what? I'm still trying to understand the process you went through.

To make sure the issue doesn't happen in the future, I suggest uploading your music directly to your Google Play Music cloud library. To do this, go to Google Drive on your computer and download the music files to the computer. Then go to Google Play Music on your computer browser, click on the hamburger menu at the upper left, and click the Upload Music option. Once the music is uploaded to your Google Play Music cloud library, you will always have access to them through the Play Music app, either via streaming or locally (if you use the Play Music app to download the music track locally).

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Aha! I think I might know what happened. If you downloaded the songs and left them in the Downloads directory, it's possible LG's Smart Cleaning app might be set to automatically clear out the Downloads directory: Smart Cleaning - LG V20 User Guide

If you want to keep the music files locally stored on the phone, then use a file manager app to move those downloaded music files from the Downloads directory to some other directory (like the Music directory that is standard on Android devices). But I would still recommend uploading your music to your Google Play Music cloud library. Remember that keeping your music files saved to Google Drive takes up some of your Drive space, while uploading it to Google Play Music doesn't count against your Drive space.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Lol you know....now that you said that...i did uss that lg smart cleaning app that night. Thanks for all the tips/help😃

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon