Picture message issue with v20 AT&T message app

naturecannon

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
My wife's received pictures are broken up or not showing at all. We took her phone to att and they did something to our account and said it should be fixed, they said a number mix up. Issues still remains so att said give it a week because their messaging system in wonkie, if not better in a week they will give her a new phone.

I have the exact phone with att and zero issues. Don't really want to play the new phone game. I reset her messaging app, cleared data ect... and it's still borked!

Anyone else having issues?

I really don't think the phone is the problem, doesn't make sense to me. How could broken received pics be blamed on a phone?

Same of original and received

1478980601225.jpg1478980650119.jpg

carme4

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
Is she using a different messaging app than stock? I use Textra and I was missing some things as they were going to the native messaging app. I had to go to apps and native messenger and turn off permissions and now Textra is working great.

SaltGuy

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Same issue here. Most of the time we don't see half the pic!

Also... Some texts dont go through and we will each be asking about a topic that never made it.

I was wondering if it had to do with the advanced messages setting. Haven't tried switching to regular.

naturecannon

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I went to mt local ATT corporate Device Support Center to see if they had any ideas and they gave me a half baked fix. It's not really a fix, more like an app limitation to gets pics to show correctly. It's limits the picture size. They said it's a temp fix until they get their network fixed. (whatever that means), I couldn't get much more out of them nor do I think they knew much more than limiting the message app feature,.... but it did work.

The problem with their fix is both party's involved with the text have to disable this setting. That's when I confronted them and argued, "so my wife is I suppose to find out if all my her contacts have att, and then have them disable advanced messaging so her received pics aren't broken".?. Oh it's only temporary sir. Ya right.

Here is the screenshot of what you have to turn off in advanced messaging. Like I said it only works if both parties of the att message have it disabled, which sucks because I had zero issues with mine, but had to have it turned off too for her pics to work. It all makes no sense to me.

1479018761006.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae