Windows Phone to V20

billmistert

Nov 6, 2016
Visit site
I have decided to give up on my Lumia 950 XL and go to the V20. Any suggestions for migrating info such as contacts e-mail settings and other data to the V20? I am with T Mobile and I was told by a T Mobile employee that their equipment would not transfer files from a Windows phone.

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I have decided to give up on my Lumia 950 XL and go to the V20. Any suggestions for migrating info such as contacts e-mail settings and other data to the V20? I am with T Mobile and I was told by a T Mobile employee that their equipment would not transfer files from a Windows phone.
The way "I" did it was: (and you can do all this on your laptop/pc)
1. Go to your MS OneDrive website.
2. Select your Outlook.com
3. Select CONTACTS. AT first, for just a second it'll be empty and then it will EXPLODE with all your contacts if you've never used your MS Outlook.com account.
4. Now go to your GMAIL website
5. Select Contacts/More/Import/Outlook.Com
6. You'll be prompted to enter your MS Credentials
7. Hit enter, have a sip of coffee - BAM there's your contacts all in gmail
8. Now check V20 - BAM!

Peace. Alan
Even when I lose, I win.
Galaxy S7Edge [MM6.01] Daily Driver
Lumia ICON [Win10M 14965.1001] Hobby

Last edited:

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Sorry, Bill, I forgot the other stuff. You can download MS OneDrive and MS OneNote for free at the Play store and see all your pics and files that way. Of course you have to put them on OneDrive and/or OneNote first.
If you no longer have valid service on your 950XL sim card the wifi will still work on it so you can still access the internet from your 950XL

Peace. Alan
Even when I lose, I win.
Galaxy S7Edge [MM6.01] Daily Driver
Lumia ICON [Win10M 14965.1001] Hobby

Last edited:

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I still have a gabillion photos on OneDrive, but fortunately moving from Windows Mobile to Android is easy. You can log into your outlook mail on your V20 and sync your contacts up as well as your Gmail contacts. You don't need to know the 'settings' per se for your Outlook account, just your email and password. If you use this method as opposed to the method posted above, your Outlook and Gmail contacts will still be maintained in their respective clouds, just merged into the contacts app of your phone.

As far as photos and documents, you can install all of the Microsoft apps on your V20, and if you are using OneDrive to store your photos today, you can still select OneDrive for your photos to automatically back up in Android. Very easy to do with minimal effort. All of your Office documents can be opened and edited in the MSOffice apps for Android.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad