Samsung gear

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
But..I wonder if it can do the full samsung pay anywhere you swipe a card...if my phone is an LG. I know LG doesn't have samsung pay

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
But..I wonder if it can do the full samsung pay anywhere you swipe a card...if my phone is an LG. I know LG doesn't have samsung pay

Yeah I wouldn't know, because my bank never jumped on the Samsung pay boat so I never got to use it.

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I doubt that the watches have the MST technology in them to use the Samsung Pay feature. That is built into the phone.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
According to the Samsung site Samsung Pay will work only 5 times without a Samsung phone but you'll need to sync back to a Samsung phone after the 5 transactions in order to use it again. You'll need the new Gear S3 Frontier that has Samsung Pay built in.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I was going to use the LG phone until the S8 came out. During that time I thought it would be great to have the watch to use samsung pay on (plus watch other cool features). That's odd about the using it 5 times then having to sync to a samsung phone. The Samsung rep I talked to Saif if you can get samsung gear app on the LG phone it should work

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I was going to use the LG phone until the S8 came out. During that time I thought it would be great to have the watch to use samsung pay on (plus watch other cool features). That's odd about the using it 5 times then having to sync to a samsung phone. The Samsung rep I talked to Saif if you can get samsung gear app on the LG phone it should work
Yes all functions will work but Samsung Pay has limitations. Samsung reps usually don't know everything just the main selling points.

If also looks like both S3 will have Samsung Pay. Not just the Frontier version.

a8e92b2f4144a2ef59e475fca190a15f.jpg

Last edited:

me23brown

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
I'd be very careful about buying an s3 without confirming that Samsung Pay will work without a Samsung Galaxy phone. It doesn't on my V20 whereas it did on my Note7 and S7E. All the documentation points to the same being true for the S3.

mjcecil

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I doubt that the watches have the MST technology in them to use the Samsung Pay feature. That is built into the phone.

The phone does not have the MST loop. The S2 watch has NFC, but I haven't been able to set up samsung pay to use it.

The Gear S3, IIRC, DOES, in fact, have MST and NFC, and is supposed to work completely with any Android device.

But, fact-check me, please.

-Mark

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12