Former Note7 Owner - got my LG V20 on AT&T and have ?s

aweyrich

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

I was a Note 7 owner - had to return it of course. I am a lifelong Samsung user and have never had an LG phone before - just got my LG V20 on AT&T and there are 2 things on the phone that I cannot figure out...

1. When I get a text message and the notifications show up that show like 5 texts on it - it doesn't show the text that that person just sent me. Instead it shows me like 5 really old texts that I got a week ago (on the notification) - it does this everytime and it drives me nuts cause I have trouble telling if I really got a new text or not. Is there a setting to just see just the text that was just sent on the notifications window and not old ones?

2. The button on the back that awakes the screen is interesting - but I don't really like that that I have to reach back there to wake the phone up - and it's even worse now that I got a new case for it. So anyway - my question is - is there a way to awake the screen another way besides the button on the back? Is there a software setting where I can press a different button like the volume or even better just move the phone and one of the sensors makes it wake up?

Andrew

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I was a Note 7 owner - had to return it of course. I am a lifelong Samsung user and have never had an LG phone before - just got my LG V20 on AT&T and there are 2 things on the phone that I cannot figure out...

1. When I get a text message and the notifications show up that show like 5 texts on it - it doesn't show the text that that person just sent me. Instead it shows me like 5 really old texts that I got a week ago (on the notification) - it does this everytime and it drives me nuts cause I have trouble telling if I really got a new text or not. Is there a setting to just see just the text that was just sent on the notifications window and not old ones?

2. The button on the back that awakes the screen is interesting - but I don't really like that that I have to reach back there to wake the phone up - and it's even worse now that I got a new case for it. So anyway - my question is - is there a way to awake the screen another way besides the button on the back? Is there a software setting where I can press a different button like the volume or even better just move the phone and one of the sensors makes it wake up?

Andrew
Mark your old texts as read so they don't come back and the most recent ones will show on notification.

Double tap your screen to wake it up when it is off.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Not sure about the texts other than for some reason the phone thinks you have old, unread messages (check all your messages maybe?). But for the Home button on the back, I feel your pain (and in my case, is actual, physical pain... I know a lot of people say that your finger just rests naturally there, but mine doesn't. It hurts trying to reach for the button to use the fingerprint scanner most of the time). You can turn the screen on, however, using double tap on the screen. And trust me, you'll LOVE this. You'll get so used to this that you'll be doing it unconsciously on any phone or tablet haha. Same works for turning the screen off (unless you're using a 3rd party launcher, in which case it only works if you double tap on the notification bar).

aweyrich

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Thank you - the double tap solved my screen issue - thank you!"

So I had my text messages transferred to this phone from my old phone and initially all the texts were unread but I just double checked them and they are all read so I am unsure why its still doing that....maybe there is something I am not understanding...

Is there a setting where I can mark them all as read in one step? maybe I could try that again...

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I was a huge Samsung user as well but never liked the default text messaging app because of the stupid little browser that you're forced to use when you click on a link in a text message. I've been using Textra for my text messaging even now on my V20.

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Tap on the top right menu, mark all as read.

997edabde9ff58a7aaf727db49763c46.jpg

gomezl7

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Re: Former Note7 Owner - got my LG V20 on AT&T and have ?s

It has nothing to do with lg v20. It has to do with you transferring old text to new phone...down load anith messaging app like Google.messaging. then open up.your text male sure they are all read and then switch back to other messaging app. That might work...

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Also, depending on the app you used to transfer messages, some of them might have different timestamps now, so the phone might think they're newer than they really are.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech