LG V20 Amazon App / Android Webview Error

rgherb

Dec 1, 2016
Visit site
For the past week when I open my Amazon shopping app it gives me an error that says you must upgrade Android Webviewer. When I click on it and download the update it will not let me enable it, nor will it when I find the webview app in Google Play. Has anyone else run into this on their V20 and know how to get around it without a system wipe? Deleting and reinstalling the Amazon app has not helped either.

TNCattleDog

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Android Web View is not part of Android 7 (Nougat). The features have been integrated into the operating system. I get the error from amazon too but everything works fine. They just need to update their app.

David

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
System Webview is there, but you first have to disable Chrome (which replaced it in Nougat). With Chrome disabled, then you can go to System Webview in Play, enable it, then update it. After updating, then you can enable Chrome again, which automatically disables System Webview.

I had to do this to fix an error in Chrome, oddly enough, so hopefully it fixes Amazon too.

TNCattleDog

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
System Webview is there, but you first have to disable Chrome (which replaced it in Nougat). With Chrome disabled, then you can go to System Webview in Play, enable it, then update it. After updating, then you can enable Chrome again, which automatically disables System Webview.

I had to do this to fix an error in Chrome, oddly enough, so hopefully it fixes Amazon too.

Thanks, I thought I had read that too but felt it didn't matter. Does it make a difference or cause any problems with Chrome if you enable it?

David

John Hoskins1

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same issue as the OP, and FWIW, this didn't work to fix this problem with the Amazon App.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze