No Audio in Videos taken with Manual Mode

loganross

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi,
I am hoping someone can help. Videos taken in auto mode are no problem. However, for videos taken in Manual mode (HiFi recording), I get no audio playback when I transfer to my PC. I do get Audio on the LG V20 itself. I have tried literally every program (VLC Player, Windows Video Player, CyberLink Power Director, Jriver). I get the same result with two different V20s (one ATT and the other Verizon). I am assuming this is some sort of codec problem and it would be really frustrating if they chose a non standard codec.

My PC is a Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10.

Has anyone had a similar experience?

Thanks!

loganross

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I am bumping this in the hopes someone will test and confirm or disagree with my experience. I find it hard to believe LG would release a creative camera focused phone where the audio is broken and cant be played back in any of the video editing programs that creators use (or any player for that matter). again, I have the issue with any video taken in the manual mode, regardless of the manual mode settings.

me23brown

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
Well I just tested this with my V20 and didn't have this problem. I took the video in manual mode then transferred and played it with windows 10 default video player.

loganross

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I hate to bump this again but if anyone can confirm whether or not they get audio when playing back an LG v20 made video on a PC or Mac, it would be appreciated. Of course, the question is whether there is a problem with the HiFi recording (i.e., set the camera video settings to: 60FPS, High Bit Rate Video, and HiFi Audio). Thank you in advance.

LR

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I hate to bump this again but if anyone can confirm whether or not they get audio when playing back an LG v20 made video on a PC or Mac, it would be appreciated. Of course, the question is whether there is a problem with the HiFi recording (i.e., set the camera video settings to: 60FPS, High Bit Rate Video, and HiFi Audio). Thank you in advance.

LR

It's because the Windows app you're using doesn't support HiFi audio; Windows Media Player does not... VLC player does. I've tested this with a video shot using those exact settings... you can hear the audio if you use VLC, and you don't hear the audio if you use Windows Media Player

There's a warning in the camera app when you turn on HiFi audio that it will only work on apps that support HiFi.

(I have not tested this on my Mac.)

I suspect that you can fix this by using something like Windows "Any Video Converter" to change the audio encoding.

You noted earlier that VLC didn't work for you... that's not what I found, sorry.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888