Note 7 use still greater than LG V20

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I can't see how someone would love a Pixel compared to a V20 or S7 Edge. It lacks a lot of features. About the only big advantage is getting software updates faster. The V20 offers far more such as removable battery, IR blaster, micro SD card slot, large screen.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I guess that is why the Pixel and Pixel XL are selling out all over. You can get The LG V-20 anywhere. I had to pick between V-20 and the Pixel XL. I chose the Pixel XL over the V-20. The lag the phone had was bad. The battery life sucked. My brother returned his V-20 after having it since day one. Freezing and static coming from the speakers. He replaced it and had the same issue actually got worst with the second with boot looping. It made me feel better about my choice. I miss my Note 7, but I have nothing but praise for the Pixel XL. Great pictures and the sound of the speaker is better then the Note 7. I will get the Note 8 when it gets released. One of the thing I noticed is that you will like it more and more as you use it.

Last edited:

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I knew some users were stubborn but this is a whole different level....
fb9d0c23635985cbf93a8808d760498c.jpg

Note 7 Rebels!

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Freezing and static coming from the speakers. He replaced it and had the same issue actually got worst with the second with boot looping. It made me feel better about my choice.

Yeah, the V20 is a phone I wanted to love. It checked all my checkboxes (except S-Pen, but obviously only Sammy has that at the moment), and a few that the Note 7 even didn't.

But I remember the LG Optimus G Pro (which I still have as a spare in my collection) and the build quality issues I had with that, and I have a lot of trouble associating "LG" with "phone I'm willing to shell out that kind of dough for"...

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, the V20 is a phone I wanted to love. It checked all my checkboxes (except S-Pen, but obviously only Sammy has that at the moment), and a few that the Note 7 even didn't.

But I remember the LG Optimus G Pro (which I still have as a spare in my collection) and the build quality issues I had with that, and I have a lot of trouble associating "LG" with "phone I'm willing to shell out that kind of dough for"...

I have a V20......it is a very good phone. But it is not close to being what my blue N7 was.....rip good buddy :-(

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I have a V20......it is a very good phone. But it is not close to being what my blue N7 was.....rip good buddy :-(

I may yet take the plunge for a V20. For now my Note 4 is still holding up pretty darned well for its age.

But I appreciate the feedback on the V20. It's so hard to think of LG as a good flagship builder after the Optimus G series - but then again companies change in 3-4 years... :)

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I guess that is why the Pixel and Pixel XL are selling out all over. You can get The LG V-20 anywhere. I had to pick between V-20 and the Pixel XL. I chose the Pixel XL over the V-20. The lag the phone had was bad. The battery life sucked. My brother returned his V-20 after having it since day one. Freezing and static coming from the speakers. He replaced it and had the same issue actually got worst with the second with boot looping. It made me feel better about my choice. I miss my Note 7, but I have nothing but praise for the Pixel XL. Great pictures and the sound of the speaker is better then the Note 7. I will get the Note 8 when it gets released. One of the thing I noticed is that you will like it more and more as you use it.

My v20 flies fast, so much faster than my galaxy devices and Note 7. Only lag I had is when I first got it and was transferring everything to my new phone. The V20 is the best solution IMO for a big screen for Note users until the next Note comes out unless the S8 has a large screen version as large as the Note.

Btw was his v20 unlocked or a carrier one? Mine is the unlocked model without all the bloatware. Maybe that is a factor in the lag.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
My v20 flies fast, so much faster than my galaxy devices and Note 7. Only lag I had is when I first got it and was transferring everything to my new phone. The V20 is the best solution IMO for a big screen for Note users until the next Note comes out unless the S8 has a large screen version as large as the Note.

Btw was his v20 unlocked or a carrier one? Mine is the unlocked model without all the bloatware. Maybe that is a factor in the lag.

I guess we can agree to disagree!

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

That's a good point. AT&T is pretty weapons-grade awful with their bloatware, and a lot of their "helper" apps cannot be disabled (at least on my Note 4). That may be the cause of a lot of impressions of a phone being laggy.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
That's a good point. AT&T is pretty weapons-grade awful with their bloatware, and a lot of their "helper" apps cannot be disabled (at least on my Note 4). That may be the cause of a lot of impressions of a phone being laggy.

I thought Verizon was supposed to be the worse when it comes to bloat? I don't understand why carriers add all this trash to the phone and how some of it can't be deleted.

I hope the S8 Edge/large screen comes out with an unlocked version sooner like LG did with the V20 but unless the S8 totally knocks it out of the park I'll just hold onto the V20 until the Note 8 and V30 come out.

I did download the Tmobile visual voicemail app for my unlocked V20 but it hasn't slowed it down at all.

dohlo

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
There's the standard AT&T bloat apps on the V20 but they're not bad. Just the standard ones they have on just about every phone. As far as the UI goes its pretty smooth and unaltered. And from what I've seen on the V20 forum they've disabled the least, or rather no stock features whereas other carriers have it at least left them deeply hidden and hard to navigate.

Is it a Note 7? Nope, not by any means. Is it a good phone worth considering? Hell yes. Next to no lag unlike the N7, great camera, nice sized screen. Only real downfall is battery life seeks to be hit or miss. Some days it's great, some days it's just eh. It's got a lot going for it, and it made me not miss my N7

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
There's the standard AT&T bloat apps on the V20 but they're not bad. Just the standard ones they have on just about every phone. As far as the UI goes its pretty smooth and unaltered. And from what I've seen on the V20 forum they've disabled the least, or rather no stock features whereas other carriers have it at least left them deeply hidden and hard to navigate.

Is it a Note 7? Nope, not by any means. Is it a good phone worth considering? Hell yes. Next to no lag unlike the N7, great camera, nice sized screen. Only real downfall is battery life seeks to be hit or miss. Some days it's great, some days it's just eh. It's got a lot going for it, and it made me not miss my N7

Even with the lag my N7 had I still miss it. The AMOLED screen and Spen. I like the V20 for the flat screen, IR blaster and removable battery. It in a way reminds me of the Note 4. The complete package in a power user phone just minus the Spen. For 2016 minus the iPhone since it's a totally different OS platform, the V20 IMO is the number two flagship device of 2016 behind the S7 Edge with Pixel being a very close third just behind the V20. I'm excluding the Note 7 because it was discontinued. Otherwise Note 7 would have been the number one phone.

With the S8 line not coming out until April, possibly even May depending when in April they unveil it, I might stick with the V20 and see what the Note 8 and V30 bring to the table. I think the V30 might be huge if the S8 and Note 8 are popular.

IF they don't have a micro SD slot in the S8 that is going to hurt sales and be a bonehead move IMO and I will for sure stick with the V20 and wait for Note 8 and V30. I would think pre orders will be down for the S8 due to people being burned on the Note 7 so I don't see how removing SD slot and headphone jack will help sales at all.

I wonder if the S8 edge, or larger s8 if they discontinue the Edge will have a Note size screen just minus the spen and have more ram and more on board memory and micro SD slot to cater to power users to fill the gap until the Note 8.

Mdm23

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
LG has a real problem with screen brightness. The V20 suffers from it just like the other flagships from them. It's like half as bright as a Samsung flagship phone. Plus, the V20 was way too expensive to not have a more premium look and feel to it. Screw the removable battery. It's time for LG to step up on the phone designs.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
LG has a real problem with screen brightness. The V20 suffers from it just like the other flagships from them. It's like half as bright as a Samsung flagship phone. Plus, the V20 was way too expensive to not have a more premium look and feel to it. Screw the removable battery. It's time for LG to step up on the phone designs.

The V20 kind of reminds me of the S5 and Note 4 build. People said it felt cheap. Honestly I'd rather had the V20 or Note 4, s5 type build than all glass which easily cracks because 95 percent of people just slap a case on it anyway.

I agree the screen could be brighter. I personally don't like my screen super bright but it needs to be a bit brighter. The iPhone has a trash screen though so the V20 isn't the only flagship with it. I think we're just spoiled by the AMOLED screens Samsung produces and when we switch to a different flagship we're not used to a non AMOLED screen.

I say keep removable battery to avoid a Note 7 disaster again and play it safe. If the Note 7 was like the Note 4 and you could remove the battery, Samsung could have simply issued very slightly smaller batteries to solve the issue of the battery being just a tad too big.

IMO the big three, Samsung, LG, and Apple make their devices too expensive. As Flossy says about these top flagship phones on his reviews "The price is too damn high" and he's right. IMO for the V20 launch price I would have went with $ 680-700 and $725 for the Note 7. $770 for a 32gb 7 Plus is way too much too when it doesn't have expandable memory.

Really your major choices in the top of the line smartphone market in North America, Europe seems to be Samsung, LG, Apple and now the Pixel line. I'd like to see Huawei get into the US market and make it easier to buy their phones which are very good phones and undercut these major makers which might make them all lower their prices.

The smartphone market is a monopoly basically by just a very small number of companies which allowed them to charge a lot. Just like how there are not very many major cell providers to choose from which causes less competition and higher prices. I'd like to see more competition to force these major makers to lower their prices.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

The V20 kind of reminds me of the S5 and Note 4 build. People said it felt cheap. Honestly I'd rather had the V20 or Note 4, s5 type build than all glass which easily cracks because 95 percent of people just slap a case on it anyway.

I agree the screen could be brighter. I personally don't like my screen super bright but it needs to be a bit brighter. The iPhone has a trash screen though so the V20 isn't the only flagship with it. I think we're just spoiled by the AMOLED screens Samsung produces and when we switch to a different flagship we're not used to a non AMOLED screen.

I say keep removable battery to avoid a Note 7 disaster again and play it safe. If the Note 7 was like the Note 4 and you could remove the battery, Samsung could have simply issued very slightly smaller batteries to solve the issue of the battery being just a tad too big.

IMO the big three, Samsung, LG, and Apple make their devices too expensive. As Flossy says about these top flagship phones on his reviews "The price is too damn high" and he's right. IMO for the V20 launch price I would have went with $ 680-700 and $725 for the Note 7. $770 for a 32gb 7 Plus is way too much too when it doesn't have expandable memory.

Really your major choices in the top of the line smartphone market in North America, Europe seems to be Samsung, LG, Apple and now the Pixel line. I'd like to see Huawei get into the US market and make it easier to buy their phones which are very good phones and undercut these major makers which might make them all lower their prices.

The smartphone market is a monopoly basically by just a very small number of companies which allowed them to charge a lot. Just like how there are not very many major cell providers to choose from which causes less competition and higher prices. I'd like to see more competition to force these major makers to lower their prices.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech