Does the DAC have any effect through the USB Type C port?

KwantemMekanik

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
Not sure if I follow. If you are driving and charging your phone through the USB port, that has no impact at all with audio via the headphone jack. Remember that the DAC only works through the headphone jack.

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I just found this out. I always thought when using Android auto, it was somehow going through the type c port
Isn't type c capable of allowing output for sound?

irvine752

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I just found this out. I always thought when using Android auto, it was somehow going through the type c port
Isn't type c capable of allowing output for sound?

You're correct...with Android Auto the sound output from the phone is purely a digital connection coming out from the USB-C that does indeed bypass your the DAC on the phone. It's just like plugging in an a USB stick with Mp3 files into a car USB port. It will force the system to use the embedded DAC in your car stereo system. Android Auto is also very heavy on the battery, hence the requirement to keep it Plugged in (USB-C is a multi-channel set that can charge & perform other functions as well). It also does use Bluetooth connections but not for music, only for voice calls and etc.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95